Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirstie86
Beginner
Message 441 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution
I've just been chatting with bt and they say its freeviews problem and are passing the buck. They say its not bt and no fault with the box
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 442 of 535

Go to solution

@kirstie86wrote:
I've just been chatting with bt and they say its freeviews problem and are passing the buck. They say its not bt and no fault with the box

Please take what they tell you with a very large pinch of salt.  When one of them contacted me the other week they weren't even aware there was an issue.  The rep actually read this forum then phoned me again to apologise and stated they hadn't been told anything about this.

A fix is currently being rolled out and the issue is related to the software which Humax installed.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 443 of 535

Go to solution

Hi @kirstie86

The issue has not affected every user, including those that have a humax box and so its fair to say its taken a while to work out what the issue was, create and test the upcoming update.

@David_H has made a couple of post that you may want to read.  The most recent post was about upcoming update.. and a slightly older post is about  background to the issue

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 444 of 535

Go to solution

I had no trouble getting the update - just selected a manual update and it downloaded

But as my box has then been offline for 48 hours (long story) I have no direct evidence if it has fixed anything or not but the lack of reports of failed recording since (either here or in the YV forum) must suggest it is fixed so something to cheer

0 Ratings
kirstie86
Beginner
Message 445 of 535

Go to solution

I had a supervisor call me back today, they advised that it is the update on this link below as discussed previously that I need to fix the problem. Just annoying how misinformed BT are sometimes, as last night was told was freeview fault which I knew was wrong.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-31-28-0# 

Still couldn't give timescale for rollout of update but said maybe 1-2 weeks.

Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
westone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 446 of 535

Go to solution
Well I am pleased to say that since the software update this week for the recording bug fix all my recordings have been successful. I hope that they are now soon able to implement the full hide channels facility that existed before the software was radically changed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 447 of 535

Go to solution

Hi everyone. As some may have noticed we have indeed started the rollout of the new software releases containing fixes for the recording issues that many of you have told us about. That process will continue over the next couple of weeks and we're keeping a close eye on progress there and on the statistics around recording fallures to ensure that things are indeed improving for you.

We're really grateful for all the feedback on this and other threads that's helped get to this point and equally sorry for the time it's taken to get here. While it has been a particularly low level and complex issue we can and should learn from it and as mentioned before, we're looking at a number of areas  to see how we can do that stuff better in the future. Your feedback on that is important and will be very welcome.

thanks

David

BT TV expertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 448 of 535

Go to solution

I just wish they would speed up the 'roll out' of this patch, especially given the amount of time it's taken to get to the bottom of the issue.

berno
Contributor
Message 449 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-ladwrote:

I just wish they would speed up the 'roll out' of this patch, especially given the amount of time it's taken to get to the bottom of the issue.

@Jim-lad,

I agree. Even today, they are saying this could take “a couple of weeks”.

This is dreadful customer service. They should be pulling out all the stops to get this fix out now.

0 Ratings
Eddiecat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 450 of 535

Go to solution
Hi, will we be notified of the roll out of fixes. My box is recording all the children's channels etc but failed for 2 consecutive weeks to record the channel "Pick".

Just read 45 pages of post looking firvsn answer 😕
0 Ratings