Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 491 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

I'm wondering if there may be a bug in this update.  Twice since the update a series link has recorded a programme then immediately deleted the series link.

I noticed the series link for Frasier had been deleted.  I went into the planner to put it in again.  However, I noticed that after I was asked if I wanted to record the series or the single episode, pressing series did not produce the 'series link' icon but just to record the one episode.

Minutes later the single episode recording had changed to 'series link' but only as far as this coming Sunday.  For Monday and the rest of next week there were no recording reservations at all for Frasier.  I then entered a recording reservation manually for every day next week.  About ten minutes later the single reservations had changed to series link.

Now you could claim this was a CRID error by C4.  However, the same recording reservation was still there in our Freeview+ PVR and the reservations were there for the rest of this week and the whole of next week too.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 492 of 535

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Radio recordings are still failing.  They appear to record but there is no sound which for a radio recording is the only key bit really

I have to confess it's not something I do.  I have recorded a radio show 'once' using my Freesat box.  However, as there is now BBC Radio iPlayer plus lot's of Podcasts available it's not really an issue.  So long as I get my weekly fix of The Archers I'm a happy bunny.

Ah but a programme only gets to iPlayer after it's finished.  

You can chase play a radio programme while it is still being broadcast by using the browser version of iPlayer Radio on your phone or tablet or computer.  Been doing it the past couple of days while listening to TMS when I can't get a decent DAB radio signal and had to catch up over the lunch interval on my phone.

(yes, I know I could use the BBC Sports app to chase play the commentary but that plasters live state of play spoilers on its play screen)

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 493 of 535

Go to solution

Thanks Gomezz will try that

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 494 of 535

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

Thanks Gomezz will try that

And it works - thanks!

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 495 of 535

Go to solution

I had something similar happen with recordings of law and order on 5USA, the series link first disappeared, then when I tried to reset it, the icon didn't show as a series link. About half the future episodes weren't set to record at all, the rest had no record icon but were shown as scheduled to record when I looked at the info for an individual episode. Same thing happened with reverie on Syfy and Castle on your tv.

On a couple of other shows the record icon failed to appear at all but the shows did record.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 496 of 535

Go to solution

@w2pixelwrote:

I had something similar happen with recordings of law and order on 5USA, the series link first disappeared, then when I tried to reset it, the icon didn't show as a series link. About half the future episodes weren't set to record at all, the rest had no record icon but were shown as scheduled to record when I looked at the info for an individual episode. Same thing happened with reverie on Syfy and Castle on your tv.

On a couple of other shows the record icon failed to appear at all but the shows did record.

It does appear this update fix may have inadvertently introduced yet another bug. Not encouraging. 

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 497 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-ladwrote:

@w2pixelwrote:

It does appear this update fix may have inadvertently introduced yet another bug. Not encouraging. 

Actually my problems started before I got the update, so I'm not certain it's the cause. In addition to getting these issues I had other problems with series links not working properly, like I posted about before hopefully it doesn't go on as long as the fail to record error.

0 Ratings
KJC1
Beginner
Message 498 of 535

Go to solution

We are still experiencing lots of failed to record programmes and since we signed up primarily to be able to record programmes this is becoming increasingly frustrating. I'd be grateful for any advice/assistance anyone can give. Thanks.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 499 of 535

Go to solution
It would seem that all the help and advice you can get is contained in this thread so you will need to read through it. There is unlikely to be any change though until you get the updated software.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 500 of 535

Go to solution

@KJC1wrote:

We are still experiencing lots of failed to record programmes and since we signed up primarily to be able to record programmes this is becoming increasingly frustrating. I'd be grateful for any advice/assistance anyone can give. Thanks.

If you're able to just try disconnecting it from the internet OR

set the smart stanby times to the same time , so no deep sleep period as the problem might be triggered by coming out of deep sleep & accessing Youview's servers.

Both work for me

0 Ratings