Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidjones2649
Aspiring Contributor
Message 321 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

It seems to me that the number of failed recordings has increased during the last week.  England’s semi final also failed for me, but I was watching live via YV at the time so I did not miss out. However the theories suggest it should not have failed because my watching should have triggered the recording!  Any suggestions?

Also I am getting failed to record for EVERY episode of Inside the Ambulance on Watch.  I had it set up to record as a series BUT CANCELLED THE RECORDING a week ago.  Nothing appears in Pending or when I use search,  but there it is, FAILED, every morning.  How does this tie in with the theories?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 322 of 535

Go to solution

I've now given BT notice of cancellation of service when my contract comes to an end.  This has been 4 months of misery.  I've gone back to our Freeview+ PVR and it's recording everything I throw at it.

We have a Chromecast plus WebOS on the TV which has a plethora of options for watching TV e.g. Netflix, Prime, all the On-Demand players etc.  We won't miss Youview.

0 Ratings
Message 323 of 535

Go to solution
This link suggests no fix.

How will a fix be shared and when?

Customers need to be contacted directly and not have to search forums for what is clearly a very wide issue.
0 Ratings
Message 324 of 535

Go to solution

**Edited by Mod**

All customers should be contacted and alerted of the issue as it's impacting a lot of people. A fix timeline should be shared.
I presume a fix will be pushed out rather than for end users to apply?
BT are losing customers because coffee this.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 325 of 535

Go to solution
Another day another set of failed recordings and it's not even 9:00 am. What a total embarrassment the Youview platform has become.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 326 of 535

Go to solution

@richard_young72wrote:

Customers need to be contacted directly and not have to search forums for what is clearly a very wide issue.

Well a fix is in testing now apparently and I guess it'll be release just like a normal software update BUT hopefully not so phased as normal , ie within a week perhaps instead over a month or so.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 327 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

@richard_young72wrote:

Well a fix is in testing now apparently and I guess it'll be release just like a normal software update BUT hopefully not so phased as normal , ie within a week perhaps instead over a month or so.

It matters not now Tim as we have already given notice to quit once the contract expires.  It's just so unreliable, everything a PVR shouldn't be and the time it's taken to sort this out is lamentable. 

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 328 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

@richard_young72wrote:

Richard's point is right though that users should be pro actively contacted.  There are some things you can do that might reduce the risk of missed recordings and not to tell users such is just trying to pretend there is no problem.  I've seen more honest business strategies than caring more about customer churn than customer interests.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 329 of 535

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

@TimCurtiswrote:

@richard_young72wrote:

Richard's point is right though that users should be pro actively contacted.  There are some things you can do that might reduce the risk of missed recordings and not to tell users such is just trying to pretend there is no problem.  I've seen more honest business strategies than caring more about customer churn than customer interests.

I think you can liken the customer to  a mushroom.  I'll let you fill in the blanks. 

0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 535

Go to solution

Well, I have just come back from a weekend away only to be presented with the box in 'Maintenance Mode' no nothing recorded since Friday - including the world cup. this is my 3rd box and the UHD one - I have been with Sky and Virgin and none of their boxes were ever as unreliable as this.

0 Ratings