Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

@ItFixer wrote:
I'm having exactly the same problems with random failures in recording but it's happening more frequently.

I contacted youview & they just said do a factory reset (already done) then do a retune (again had already done) then they blamed my signal which I showed them was 100% for both strength & quality

Please read this information Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels
It would also cause lost recordings

You will need to connected to BT Broadband to access any links I post which are hosted on my website..
If you are connected to BT Broadband, and you cannot access them, then please let me know on this thread. Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
ItFixer
Beginner
Message 92 of 535

Go to solution
To add to my previous post

All failed recordings happen when the box is on standby mode

All recordings were series linked through the guide

It seems like the epg fails to update causing the programme to fail to record (because the box doesn't know the program has started) and when you turn the box on the epg updates & so it shows fails to record or it will start recording if the program is still on
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 93 of 535

Go to solution
@Johns_WH yep we've had a number of very short recordings too. Some of these programmes have started to record just a few minutes for the scheduled ending, most annoying. Don't think it's anything to do with the transmitter either.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 94 of 535

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe is correct re: tuner overload. However, I know that isn't the issue in my case. We get 100% signal quality on all muxes but signal strength can vary from around 30% on COM 7 & 8 channels 55 & 56 to 90% on the PSB mux.

Some of the failed recordings on the BT box have recorded without issue on our non-BT PVR.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 95 of 535

Go to solution

Neighbours and Home & Away on Thursday lunchtime on OldGen - 26.41

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 96 of 535

Go to solution

I've just noticed I've had three more failed recordings this morning.  Frasier on series link C4 in SD, these are or should have been back to back series link recordings, all failed.  Box in SMART standby at the time.

This issue really is getting beyond a joke now and I'm afraid if BT can't find the problem (and the solution) in very short order indeed then I will be looking to get an early release from my Youview contract.  I'm not going to phone up their call centre only to be treated like an idiot i.e. reset the box √, reboot the router √ check ariel and cabling √.

I have done all these and it's not made on bit of difference.

0 Ratings
NathW
Message 97 of 535

Go to solution

Hi,

DTRT2100, Model 91-00438, London

26/5/18:  Failed to record F1 qualifying and P3 although did record P1 and P2.

29/4/18:  Failed to record F1 pre-race and race but did record the post race reaction.

This is pretty much all we have setup to record (using series link, Channel 4 HD) so I don't have any other examples.

Doesn't seem to be very random insofar as it manages to fail on the only bits I actually want to watch!

0 Ratings
nickmorc
Contributor
Message 98 of 535

Go to solution

Getting exactly the same issues on my BT UHD Box, cant trust to record anything. Very disapointing, hope BT get this sorted soon.

0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 99 of 535

Go to solution

Yet another failed recording today. The Coronation BBC1 HD 5:05PM today.

Maybe it’s time to contact Watchdog. We are paying for a service and BT are not delivering. 😡

bobkon
Beginner
Message 100 of 535

Go to solution

You are right this has gone on long enough, come on BT get it sorted. Maybe contacting Watchdog would be a good idea, what do others think.