Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 161 of 535

Re: Failed to Record

Go to solution

@TimCurtis  Yes, my patience is wearing thin as what's the point of a PVR that you simply can't rely on.  The response times in sorting out issues on the BT platform at present appears almost glacial. 

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 162 of 535

Go to solution

I'm in contract until September & there's little chance that I'll be renewing that.

So far I've been able to keep 1 box off of NextGen as I find the tiles & lost functionality difficult to cope with. Now failed recordings if not fixed very soon will be the final straw.

0 Ratings
Krisb60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 163 of 535

Go to solution
My failed recordings all tend to happen over a relatively small time and often in the morning. Whilst no pattern as to which channels, and I don’t have precise details, I could concur the likelihood they all happened in a period BEFORE I first switched on the box that day
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 164 of 535

Go to solution

Looks like a fix may be in the pipeline.  This has been placed on the Youview forum - nothing from BT though?

‘Hi all,

Thanks for bearing with us on the issue, the issue has been identified and Humax are currently working on a fix which is due to be tested shortly.

We appreciate this is frustrating and assure you it’s being worked on as a priority. As soon as I have an update I will post on this thread.

Thanks

Sarah‘

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18994938#Comment_18994938

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 165 of 535

Go to solution

Just posted this elsewhere:-

What I don't understand is why this has suddenly started happening & happens on previous software versions, not just the latest which was released at about the time this started happening.

0 Ratings
Thom77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 166 of 535

Go to solution

@David_H

Just wondering what your latest BT update might be on this ongoing situation......seen recent posts on this thread taken from Youview Forum that problem has been identified and Humax are working on the solution??????

Can you advise if BT also are of that opinion and a fix is being worked on????

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 167 of 535

Go to solution

Hi all,

Good progees has been made over the weekend, an issue has been identified and a fix is currently being tested.

We'll provide a further udpate once testing has completed and we have a confirmed fix, but it's looking promising.

Thanks

Gavin

BT TV ExpertGavinL
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 168 of 535

Go to solution

@gavinlambourne - let's hope so Gavin as I'm getting pretty fed up of guessing what happened next due to failed recordings/part recordings. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
normanivison
Beginner
Message 169 of 535

Go to solution
What's the timescale?
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 170 of 535

Go to solution

@normanivison - a glib answer would be - how long's a piece of string.

0 Ratings