cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 251 of 535

Re: Failed recordings

Go to solution

.... and last night, the 'EastEnders' Series Link got FuBaR'ed ... the next recording was listed as this coming Thursday ... so I manually set last night's 21.10 episode to record & it prompted me to record Series  ... after that, the Thursday episode had gone from the Schedule, so hopefully back in Sync ...

I guess this was down to Auntie, as I've not experienced any actual 'Failed Recordings' on my 4K Box ...

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 252 of 535

Go to solution
"Youview has put out a bulletin on their website about reception issues due to the ongoing warm weather. High pressure can play havoc with TV signals and what we are getting at the moment is exceptional. This will affect all terrestrial hardware, not just Youview and can cause transmitter crossover. One thing no one is able to do is control the weather."
This started before the hot weather. Why cannot someone actually admit there is an issue which has never happened before on such a scale. Sounds like an excuse along the lines of Wrong type of leaves...
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 253 of 535

Go to solution
To be fair a lot of people have been piling in with their own stories of failed recordings some of which do not seem to fit the general pattern and could well be due to other causes such as reception difficulties.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 254 of 535

Go to solution

I thought my Youview was was doing better for failed recordings but that turned out to be a false hope.

I have had a number fail this week and tonight as I was flicking through the EPG I noticed that 'Secrets of the National Trust' was on 21: 00 to 22:00 C5.  As I have this set to record I glanced down at the Youview box and immediately noticed the red recording light wasn't on.

As soon as I flicked onto C5 the programme began to record @ 21:50.  Thank goodness for 5+1 as I was able to set the box to record the time shifted version @ 22:00.

The wife is now actively saying the we need to get shut of this service when the contracts up.  It really is taking far too long to sort out as it's been going on for at least a couple of months now.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
Message 255 of 535

Go to solution

Hi everyone, thanks for continuing to update the thread with your experiences. This issue remains our highest priority and I'm pleased to say that we are now testing the release candidate in field trials. Assuming there are no issues found there, we'll look to start rolling out to all our set top boxes as soon as possible and share more details as we get there.

Thanks,

David

Recognised Expert
Message 256 of 535

Go to solution

Good to hear that but for me that's not too much help.

My Ultra HD box is still running 26.41 (OldGen) as I truly dislike NextGen. Hate tiles , love lists as I find it so much easier to work with & hate the still missing functionality.

My T2000 is on NextGen so that can be updated with the fixed software.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 257 of 535

Go to solution

Thanks for the update, hopefully the fix is good, and the boxes will be working properly soon.

Anyone else having problems with notifications for this post? I just now got the emails for the comments posted yesterday and I've not had any for the comments posted today.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 258 of 535

Go to solution

@w2pixelwrote:

Thanks for the update, hopefully the fix is good, and the boxes will be working properly soon.

Anyone else having problems with notifications for this post? I just now got the emails for the comments posted yesterday and I've not had any for the comments posted today.

I'd noticed that the email notifications for this thread had gone somewhat erratic, perhaps they've gone out in sympathy with their recording comrades Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 259 of 535

Failed to record

Go to solution
We intermittently get the odd recording with the error message ‘failed to record’ until a few days ago when multiple programmes on various channels are now failing to record. Any helpful suggestions appreciated. Thanks
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 260 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

My Ultra HD box is still running 26.41 (OldGen) as I truly dislike NextGen. Hate tiles , love lists as I find it so much easier to work with & hate the still missing functionality.

I suspect you don't much like the new fangled electrickery either?  What was wrong with gas mantles I hear you cry? Smiley LOL

0 Ratings