Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dazzman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

Just noticed that the failed programme doesn’t seem to show until it has tried to record another, also the failed programme seems to get dropped from the schedule.

It’s a good job we have the option of catch-up tv these days and for me the fall back old faithful Freeview dvd recorder.

0 Ratings
wstanley1
Beginner
Message 22 of 535

Go to solution

Getting 'failed to record' on two programs today; but I can't add any extra information to what is already here. Hope there is a solution before too long.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 23 of 535

Go to solution

Hi, just to let you know we are continuing to look into this issue. It would really helpful to get some more detailed information on which set top boxes you have and which recordings are causing problems?

If you want to ping me a private message with contact details, I'd be happy to get back to you.

BT TV ExpertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
paulsv24
Beginner
Message 24 of 535

Go to solution

Hi,

We've started getting the failed recordings over the last couple of weeks and one today, tried updating, re-tuning and still got a failed recording today. It seems random, one day it'll record other days it won't.

As requested, Box details:

Model Name: DTR-T2100/500G/8T/DF

Model Code: 91-00438

BT Item Code: 077329

Hope this helps you.

Paul

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 25 of 535

Go to solution

Model DTRT2110

Serial +077328+1534001686

Component software - 3.3.130

Manufacturer Software 29.53.0

Programmes that have failed over the last few weeks include - Holby City, Coronation Street, Gotham, Vet on the Hill, Made in Chelsea, Supernatural, Agents of Shield. In some cases like Agents of Shield and I ended up with multiple failed recordings as the box failed the original broadcast, then the E4+1 repeat, then the late night repeats on both E4 and E4+1. There were other failures from BBC and ITV, but for one off shows that I've since deleted.

If the show that fails is a series linked show that doesn't get repeats, then the next episode appears in my scheduled recordings list. But the series linked shows with repeats seem to delete themselves from the list when the repeat showings also fail to record.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 26 of 535

Go to solution

I'd just like post a quick "Thank You" to everyone who's contributed to the thread and contacted me via PM.

We've received some great data from people which we're working through now and engaging with the appropriate teams to do a deep dive into the data - it might look a bit quiet for the next couple of days whilst that's underway but I'll make sure we get an "in-progress" update posted by Monday. 

Thanks

David

BT TV ExpertDavid
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
ianebaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 535

Programs not recording

Go to solution

Hi there, I hope someone can help!

I have been recording Babylon 5 and until recently this has been fine. But on 14 April, the episode failed to record (no expanation) and since then, it has failed to record more often than actally recording.

Babylon 5, 8pm to 9pm on Pick, Freeview Ch 11.

More recently I've been keeping an eye on it, and when I see it's not started recording at 8pm (no red light on front of box) I switch on and change channel to Pick. I notice that when the channel changes, the on-screen info says the program is Relic Hunter and not Babylon 5, and then it updates and the recording starts. This makes me wonder if the box is missing some signal to say the program has started and so doesn't start the recording.

The recent Babylon 5 films (e.g. last night, 1 May) didn't record either.

Grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
garybs29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 535

Go to solution

I initially tried a reset (keeping the recordings) via the maintenance mode a couple of weeks back but for some reason that failed & I lost all my recordings but I've not had the issue since so it does appear a factory reset does work.

It's led to some issues however as the catch up stuff from Universal appears to be availale until 2359 tonight only instead of the usual 30 days for some reason

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 29 of 535

Go to solution

Hi folks, just stopping by to update you on where we are so far. Thanks to everyone who's been in contact to help with the investigations - with your help we're pursuing 2 lines of enquiry that have similar outcomes:.

1 - DTT 700mhz retune - a small but significant proportion of failed recording events affect FreeView (DTT) recordings where the box hasn't acquired the channel, especially in the London area after 3rd April driven by ITV3 Programs having invalid scheduling data that effectively pointed to non-existent broadcasts - this has since been fixed by the broadcaster.

There's more information on the DigitalUK site here about recent and upcoming events - I think most people have done the retune on/after the changeover date but it's worth checking if you are in an area scheduled for a change in the near future and pop a diary note to retune so no channels go AWOL.

2 - STB waking from standby mode - we've also seen an increase in reports of failed events where a scheduled recording time stamp passes while the box is in Active standby mode but hasn't recorded. Interestingly if the box is "woken up" with the remote control then the recording starts immediately and if the box is "always on" then that's also OK. We're talking with the box manufacturer about what we've seen and if it's linked to any recent changes in power mode or scheduled event alerts and are sending some sample units to them for further investigation - expect to get more updates later this week.

regards

David

BT TV ExpertDavid
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
PedroC
Beginner
Message 30 of 535

Go to solution

This all sounds familiar. I've just reported a very similar fault via the BT fault service. Their answer was to suggest a £129 engineer visit. Instead I've decided not to renew the contract.

0 Ratings