CH5 HD Home and Away lunchtime.

FFS! Just get the fix out NOW!

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 342 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

The first fix has just been released for T1000s only. The rest will follow.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 343 of 535

Go to solution

Interesting result.  I have had no failed recordings today and that includes the infamous Frasier failed recordings.  Perhaps ending SMART standby at the same time as it starts i.e. 01:00 hrs had some effect - who knows.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 344 of 535

Go to solution

Ones standby mode has no effect on recordings so no, thats not it, and an explanation re data streams has already been given.

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 345 of 535

Go to solution
But being in recording standby is when it starts listening to the data stream for the start of the programme it is waiting to record so not unfeasible that being in deep sleep beforehand could play its part.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 346 of 535

Go to solution

@David_Hwrote:

Hi everyone, as I've mentioned previously the recording failure fix is in trial at the moment and we're pushing forward as quickly and securely as we can to get this out the door and on the way to you.  With early checks from the trial base coming in now, I'm confident that we will start getting the fix out to you starting next week as part of the H31.28.0  release and will keep you posted on how that's going.

thanks

David

But no answer to the question as to why you haven't emailed all BT subscribers advising them of the problem and that if they have any really important recordings they might want to make sure their box is not likely to have gone into standby

Like it or not by saying nothing BT are communicating something and imho not something that BT want to be perceived

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 347 of 535

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

@David_Hwrote:

Hi everyone, as I've mentioned previously the recording failure fix is in trial at the moment and we're pushing forward as quickly and securely as we can to get this out the door and on the way to you.  With early checks from the trial base coming in now, I'm confident that we will start getting the fix out to you starting next week as part of the H31.28.0  release and will keep you posted on how that's going.

thanks

David

But no answer to the question as to why you haven't emailed all BT subscribers advising them of the problem and that if they have any really important recordings they might want to make sure their box is not likely to have gone into standby

Like it or not by saying nothing BT are communicating something and imho not something that BT want to be perceived. 

What?

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 348 of 535

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:
But being in recording standby is when it starts listening to the data stream.

No sorry, it isn't. So what ever standby mode one is in makes not one bit of difference.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 349 of 535

Go to solution

For what it's worth this is what I've been doing.

For the past 2 weeks my 2 units have been blocked from the internet , therefore not accessing Youview's servers for enhanced EPG info etc , until after the first scheduled recording of the day has started - Home & Away on C5.

Since then I've had NO failures at all and it was regular for H&A to fail, thus affecting any further recordings that day until the unit was turned on.

Having said this I'm expecting failures today.Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
y5stu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 350 of 535

Go to solution

I'm so glad I found this thread, I have the same issue of 'Failed Recordings' the most recent being Holby City last night on both HD and SD channels.  I started to record both channels as part of my own trouble-shooting.

I first encountered the issue a few months ago with my 18 month old BT YouView+ Humax DTR-T2100.  I persuaded BT to send me a new replacement unit but this had the same issue of 'Failed Recordings' and therefore I thought it was my TV cabling.

Having checked the aerial and flyleads I was at my wits-end and although frustrating I now know its not my house cabling but a BT/YouView issue.

However, I'm still thinking of leaving BT and buying a PVR unit, so...

Would the Humax FVP-5000T (What Hi-Fi Award 2017) have the same issue considering the BT box is also a Humax?

or

Does anyone have experience of the Panasonic DMR-PWT550EB PVR & BlueRay?

Thanks and regards 

0 Ratings