Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 481 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

Radio recordings are still failing.  They appear to record but there is no sound which for a radio recording is the only key bit really

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 482 of 535

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

Radio recordings are still failing.  They appear to record but there is no sound which for a radio recording is the only key bit really

I have to confess it's not something I do.  I have recorded a radio show 'once' using my Freesat box.  However, as there is now BBC Radio iPlayer plus lot's of Podcasts available it's not really an issue.  So long as I get my weekly fix of The Archers I'm a happy bunny.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 483 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

I have to confess it's not something I do.  I have recorded a radio show 'once' using my Freesat box.  However, as there is now BBC Radio iPlayer plus lot's of Podcasts available it's not really an issue.  So long as I get my weekly fix of The Archers I'm a happy bunny.

Ah but a programme only gets to iPlayer after it's finished.  And not all get to iPlayer.  

There was a previous thread on this but the originator bizarely marked it as solved just because there was a promise by YouView to maybe get round to fixing it one day.   And we know how worthless those sort of YV promises are

So unsurprisingly they haven't and so I now have an ever growing stack of failed radio recordings.  

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 484 of 535

Go to solution

Until such time....Press pause and then play.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 485 of 535

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Ah but a programme only gets to iPlayer after it's finished.  And not all get to iPlayer.  

There was a previous thread on this but the originator bizarely marked it as solved just because there was a promise by YouView to maybe get round to fixing it one day.   And we know how worthless those sort of YV promises are

So unsurprisingly they haven't and so I now have an ever growing stack of failed radio recordings.  

Well as said, I have a couple of Freeview+ PVRs and Freesat so it's not something which really affects me.  If the fix solves the failed TV recordings then that will do me.

0 Ratings
Krisb60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 486 of 535

Go to solution
The fix seems to have resolved the problem on my T1000
But the box has become very slow at startup and between menus ....
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 487 of 535

Go to solution

@Keyinfernowrote:

Until such time....Press pause and then play.

Doesn't change anything.  Still no sound

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 488 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-lad

Well your deep sleep change seems to work ok on my T2100.

So there seem to be 3 ways of preventing failed recordings:-

1. Turn off deep sleep - start & end times the same. May not work on all models.

2.Permanently disconnect from the internet

3. Block daily internet access until after the first recording of the day has started.

I've been using 2 & 3 for several weeks now without any failed recordings.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 489 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtis - you should hopefully have the update by now and if not then within the next few days.  Certainly altering the SMART standby settings worked for me too.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 490 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-ladwrote:

@TimCurtis - you should hopefully have the update by now and if not then within the next few days.  Certainly altering the SMART standby settings worked for me too.

Not yet unfortunately

0 Ratings