Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 511 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

Got the 31.28 update today so I've now switched off all my tricks & gone back to normal, let's see how that works.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 512 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

Got the 31.28 update today so I've now switched off all my tricks & gone back to normal, let's see how that works.

All the evidence is you should be optimistic

on this particular issue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 513 of 535

Go to solution

Failing that just settle for being an optimistic pessimist. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 514 of 535

Go to solution

I'm mostly a glass half full guy but with Youview.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 515 of 535

Go to solution

Had two failures tonight Holby on BBC 1 and Conviction on Pick, slightly different behaviour than previous failures, both times the box was on but when the scheduled recordings were due I got the "x programme is now recording" notice, then the box switched to the channel it was supoosed to be recording, but the record light didn't come in. When I looked in Mytv, it said the shows were recording, but they weren't. I wasn't recording anything else at tgat time, so the box shouldn't have needed to switch channels. Conviction failed last week too, so I cancelled the old series link and rescheduled after the update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 516 of 535

Go to solution

@w2pixelwrote:

Had two failures tonight Holby on BBC 1 and Conviction on Pick, slightly different behaviour than previous failures, both times the box was on but when the scheduled recordings were due I got the "x programme is now recording" notice, then the box switched to the channel it was supoosed to be recording, but the record light didn't come in. When I looked in Mytv, it said the shows were recording, but they weren't. I wasn't recording anything else at tgat time, so the box shouldn't have needed to switch channels. Conviction failed last week too, so I cancelled the old series link and rescheduled after the update.

That doesn't sound like the behaviour associated with the failed recordings issue.  I would think this is an unrelated problem.  Are you sure that Conviction was actually on or had it been moved/replaced by something else.  You can cycle back through the EPG to check this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 517 of 535

Go to solution

Hi,

Is there a schedule for the 31.xx update. I have a 2100 box, and still on 29.58 , and is now 2 weeks since release.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 518 of 535

Go to solution

Yes there is but nobody knows what it is.

I'm afraid that you just have to be patient a little longer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 519 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-ladwrote:

@w2pixelwrote:

That doesn't sound like the behaviour associated with the failed recordings issue.  I would think this is an unrelated problem.  Are you sure that Conviction was actually on or had it been moved/replaced by something else.  You can cycle back through the EPG to check this.

Yes both shows aired as scheduled, no need to check the EPG, as I saw them when the box switched channels at the time the recordings were due to start.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 520 of 535

Go to solution

@w2pixelwrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@w2pixelwrote:

Yes both shows aired as scheduled, no need to check the EPG, as I saw them when the box switched channels at the time the recordings were due to start.

I would say if it continues to occur you need to phone BT as what you are describing is not what was happening with the failed recording issue.  For a start the box wouldn't switch channels to record as it simply wasn't getting the information it needed to recognise there was actually a scheduled recording in place.

0 Ratings