Yep, failed on my T2100 too.
0 Ratings
wstanley1
Beginner
Message 53 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

FYI David:

Since 6/5/18 I have had 4 more 'failed to record' incidents.

1) Secret Life of the Zoo : CH4

2) Genderquake : CH4

3) This time next Year : ITV

4) One Born every Minute : CH4

Is there any other information I can send you?

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 54 of 535

Go to solution

Hi, replying to @wstanley1 but including everyone who has registered an interest and sent us stuff in for review, thanks loads - it's been really helpful to focus the investigations. Sorry this is a day late, we've been deep in consultation with the YouView  team and I wanted to have some solid info to share.

I'll provide a more detailed update on a separate post but in the meantime please do continue to let me know (PM if preferred) of failed recordings as this helps correlate the data and gives us insight into the geographic spread that ties into the DTT retuning programme events. If possible, let me know:

• Date, channel, programme name
  • if it's a series linked recording or single event?
  • was it scheduled by EPG from the set top box or via the TV app?

And a quick favour - if you haven't had done a recent retune of the Freeview channels and have failed recordings, please could you do a retune? it's not compulsory but will help exclude some "outlier" causes. To do that:

• Pressing the Home (or YouView) button
  • Go to Settings > Signal & Connection > TV Channels > Retune Channels

Again, this won't magically fix things, but will ensure that the recording events are locked into the right broadcast channel data.

Thanks
David

BT TV ExpertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 55 of 535

Go to solution
Hi @JohnHatter, could you send me your set top box serial number on a PM? thanks, David.
BT TV ExpertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
JohnHatter
Contributor
Message 56 of 535

Go to solution
@David_H serial number sent
0 Ratings
stewartv
Contributor
Message 57 of 535

Go to solution

Hi,

Failed recording last night (BT Youview Box DTRT1000, S/W 29.104.0, Platform 4129);

Anglia TV (Sudbury)

Channel ITV3 Invitation to a Royal Wedding 8:00 pm.

Unfortunately we deleted previous failed recordings which last week did include Neighbours Channel 5 13:45 

Hope this helps.

Yes, box has been cold rebooted, latest software and all channels retuned 2 weeks ago and also last week when we got failed recordings.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Nikki123
Message 58 of 535

Go to solution

Hi,

started happening to us as well about 2 weeks ago.

Recently, Grand Prix HD Ch4 on Saturday, qualifying. Series linked.

Got home tonight and walking dead on AMC both HD and SD, both on series link, last night.

Seeking Sister Wife on TLC last night (Monday), series linked. There has been multiple fails over the last 2 weeks on this programme.

Humax, DTRT4000, variant 87B08500

software 29.58.0, platform 4123

North Hampshire area.

thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 535

Go to solution

Slight difference tonight. Whilst watching tonights recording of the BBC 10 oclock news it came up stating recording the BBC London news.
Having finished watching the main news went to watch the local news & no sign of it.
This is a T2100 on 29.53.
I've never had anything as unreliable as these Youview boxes & I think I'm getting close to being able to justify early termination of my BT TV contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 60 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtis wrote:

Slight difference tonight. Whilst watching tonights recording of the BBC 10 oclock news it came up stating recording the BBC London news.
Having finished watching the main news went to watch the local news & no sign of it.
This is a T2100 on 29.53.
I've never had anything as unreliable as these Youview boxes & I think I'm getting close to being able to justify early termination of my BT TV contract.

Hi @TimCurtis - I believe that is a probably a BBC or Freeview EPG data problem. If you look at your Youview EPG for today (15May)  at 10:30pm  BBC 1 London  i  believe you will see  the program listed as BBC Weather  for 15 minutes . Normally the programme in this slot would be BBC London News (have a look at the previous and subsequent days),  

0 Ratings