cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guvk
Message 1 of 6

Failed Recordings November 2018

Hi everyone,

Like many, failed recordings are a pain and I am getting plenty but they are totally random and across all channels I have a BT box (made by Humax) but do not subscibe I also have a Humax Freesat box Fox-HDR.

I am getting the same problem with both although the BT box is worse so recently been setting the same recordings on both and have found failed on one but works on the other and visa versa! sometimes both fail!

Checked Aerial 100% Checked Dish 100% signal on both

Series recordings just vanish for no reason but can come back randomly

It's all a bit wierd and someone out there is not coming clean and admitting there is a problem with current broadcasts

Am I the only one with this issue ? I do not think so back in the old days the good old VCR never missed a beat although series record was not available but at least you knew where you stood. Now its a mess , unreliable , so much for modern technology.

Would welcome any comments

Thanks

Martin

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Failed Recordings November 2018

There are already several threads on this. Suggest use the search box to see what's already been said. It seems the fault was fixed for non subscription content with the 31.28 software update
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Being fairly new to both BT TV and FreeSat, I've come to the conclusion that most of the problems are down to too many fingers in the pie, so not only does it lack investment but it also lacks direction. So the system itself works to a point but there's no real interest in making it work properly because it's a question of who's responsible and who is going to fund it. Then there's the hardware which I don't think is up to the standard of the competition.

I haven't found FreeSat to be too bad but Judge Rinder failed on Friday. It was there as a scheduled recording but it never bothered to record, even after I'd woken the box up.

On Monday and Tuesday this week my BT 4K box had two failed recordings for Hi-De-Hi on UK Gold. When I scrolled back through the TV Guide for these two days Hi-De-Hi wasn't even broadcast. So my box had two scheduled recordings for programmes that weren't in the broadcast schedule (of course they may have been at some point). There is also the problem of programmes overrunning and/or late schedule changes. The BT box/YouView system seems incapable of handling this and it causes major problems, as it did with the last Moto GP race.

Next on the list is that some Broadcasters are incapable of Series Linking their own programmes properly. What's really annoying here is that the worst offenders here are mostly those that charge for their channels, such as Discovery Group, BT and Sky.

I don't think that it'll get any better, in fact I suspect the opposite as they try to squeeze more features into the boxes. However, I also look at what I'm paying and in that respect it's not bad at all. Someone can argue that they pay good money for something that should record consistently and reliably etc, but you get what you pay for.

0 Ratings
BikerDon
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

@Stevek1311wrote:
There are already several threads on this. Suggest use the search box to see what's already been said. It seems the fault was fixed for non subscription content with the 31.28 software update

Not for me it hasn't, see attached pics.

<Well you could if I could work out how to insert pictures>

IMG_2196.JPGIMG_2195.JPGIMG_2194.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

The issues with the MotoGP recordings  that @BikerDon identifies are likely  down to that event being rescheduled to significanrtly earlier start times (of the order of 2 hours ?) for the programmes.  

There are some earlier threads on this one is

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Moto3-amp-2-live-not-recordable/td-p/1894598

0 Ratings
ch76
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Where’s the BT presence on here with this repeated issue?

I continue to have problems with short recorded programmes and failed recordings. Always on ITVHD (Paul O’Gradys love of dogs - tonight only recorded 4 mins of a 30 minute program and Corrie 1930 failed. It’s hasn’t recorded properly since last Friday
0 Ratings