cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 20

Failed Recordings on holiday

We've just returned from holiday today to find that all of our BT Youview recordings whilst away have failed. We left on 20th July and our last recordings were 19th July.  The strange thing is there are no recordings, either successful or failed between 20th and 26th then we get the failed recordings message after 26th. These are for the likes of Love Island, Coronation Steet, Emmerdale and Eastenders. I've checked scheduled recordings and all the soaps are still there.

Has something changed over this period or has anyone suffered the same?

I know the power to the box was still switched on as I currently have Sky too with successful recordings and they are both on the same 4 gang extension.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Failed Recordings on holiday

Did you switch your router off?

0 Ratings
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 20

No that too is on the same extension

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 20

Only time I have had failed recordings on the BT TV channels is if its been recoreding or about to record and the internet conection has dropped for 10 or 20 seconds.

Once in a while the internet conection seems to drop for 10 or 20 seconds with me.

The longest I have seen the Home Hub stay conected is 19 or 20 days.

Im still using the old Home Hub 3 with the old white Openrech modem.

Darren

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 5 of 20

I'm afraid it's one of the mysteries of life, up there with 'is there life on other planets' etc.  I read of similar situations on other forums i.e. the PVR can work faultlessly all year, the family goes away for a week or a fortnight and come back to all failed recordings.  

I have had this happen to myself and never did find the cause. 

0 Ratings
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 20

I'm using home hub 4 but with the white open reach modem too. If it could be related to the internet connection dropping out then this could be the cause. I'm suffering an unstable connection quite often. However that would mean that it dropped at the start of each and every failed recording.

The weird thing us the missing recordings for almost a week then the failures start showing

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Surely if the failed recordings are on itv channels it has nothing to do with the home hub. Those channels are provided through the aerial, what difference does the home hub going off have to do with those recordings?
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 20

I've had instances where a recording has failed to find that the box actually never came out of its overnight 'deep sleep' mode. I now leave the standby setting at 'always ready' and to date (touch wood) I haven't experienced any more failed recordings.

It could also be that with the hub resetting it has reset the box ip which could have confused it, especially as you wouldn't have been there to reboot your box if necessary.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 20

Were the failed and missing recordings all series recordings or a mixture of single and series recordings ?

Were the series recordings ones that you were already successfully recording previously or just freshly set up for your holiday and if so were they set on the Youview box or via an App ?

which Youview box do you have and what is your current manufacturer software version  i(28.26.0 or different value) ?

you can check by

Youview > Settings >Device Information

Youview > Settings>Software Information

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 10 of 20

Could this be a combination of YouView box software update and the Freeview channel changes?

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings