cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 33

Failed Recordings

I have set up to record two programmes today but have gone to my recordings to watch them and I'm just told that the recordings failed. No other explanation. Disc is not full, far from it. I was at home at the time and so there were no power cuts and I wasn't meddling or retuning the box or turning it on/off as the YouView forum seems to suggest.

Anybody any sensible ideas?

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Agyg
Message 2 of 33

Re: Failed Recordings

Same thing just happened to me. A series record I set up for a seasonal show, the rest of the series recorded fine, now the last one in the series suddenly faiedl for no apparant reason. Feel like pulling out my old dvd recorder.
0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 33

And judging by the number of replies this is not an acknowledged problem so it looks as though we are both alone on this one! 

0 Ratings
anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 4 of 33

Although not a hugely helpful answer, you could use the "on demand" feature of the YV box (assuming the missed prog is available that way - some aren't)....

Life's too short to get upset about failed recordings.

0 Ratings
Blueguru
Message 5 of 33

I belive that this is an issue I have just rang BT help totally useless !!!!

so many recording failing the help person was shocking even suggesting that the box should always be on rather than just standby. I wonder if the box is up to the job.

the you view is really just the players bolted to a new front page which is ok but not everything is on the players so the recording. Is an issue.

0 Ratings
monicaking15
Beginner
Message 6 of 33

I totally agree with everything you say. Got this recorder one week before Christmas and set up several programmes for recording and have had several "failed recordings". Also, Coronation Street which was on "series" recording failed on Christmas day! A film "It's complicated" should have recorded from 10.20p.m. didn't start to record until 11.40 so missed half of it! Very frustrating!
0 Ratings
flags
Contributor
Message 7 of 33

Sad geezer that I am, I've got a series record set up for the Jeremy Kyle show on ITV1 HD on weekday mornings.

And every morning it fails to record ... but then records it anyway. So there's two entries in that day's recordings, one a failed recording and the other recorded successfully.

I really don't understand why that happens. Odd.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 8 of 33

And I thought I was the only one.My box was set to record three programs on xmas day and two showed as failed.Yet one of them 'Dr Who' was resheduled by the box to be recorded on BBC3.

What's going on?Too many posts for there not to be a problem.

0 Ratings
swedish_cook
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

Did you guys see the answer over on the Youview website http://www.youview.com/support/kb/why-are-my-recordings-showing-as-failed-when-they-havent-broadcast... - it might answer some questions, and raise a few more.

They would be helping themselves, adn us if they made the error a little more descriptive !

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 33

Unfortunately, this doers not apply to the particular cases in this thread which is about failed recordings of programmes that were broadcast.

0 Ratings