cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetski
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Failed Recordings

I have owned the BT Youview box DTR T2100 for a couple of years now and up until about 3 months ago it has been brilliant. Really reliable. Now it fails to record from the mobile app and has no loop passing through it since the latest update a couple of weeks ago. The failed recordings have been happening over these passed 3 months. I thought this latest update was going to sort out all the problems? It's a great box but now I dread turning it on and it's so disappointing. Really frustrating! Hopefully it will get sorted out soon?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Failed Recording

Hi @Jetski, thanks for telling us about the issue - sorry to hear you've had a problem. Can I suggest a couple of things?

- Try re-pairing your mobile phone with the set top box (in case they have lost contact). To do that, click the menu / settings / TV Box  and slect "YES, UN-PAIR" then re-pair them as normal

- If you can send me your set top box serial number (from Settings/Device Information/Serial Number display) I'll have a look and see whether the STB has reported any error codes that we can take a look at for you.

Please let me know how you get on,

thanks

David

Community ModeratorDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Jetski
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi David,
Many thanks for the reply and for your kind help. Well yesterday I decided to turn off the Powerline adapters and then turn them back on again. This seems to have done the trick? The box recognised my mobile phone app within a few seconds. The only problem I have found now is that when recording a radio station there is no volume? TV stations seem fine with the few I've tried. Things are looking a whole lot better. Get the radio issue sorted and it will be a brilliant box again! Thanks again for your help! Jetski.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 4

Great stuff - thanks for letting us know about the powerline components as well. They can be a factor especially if crossing between different circuits on the consumer unit or if there's anything "noisy" on the same circuit that crosses into the same bands used by powerline device. Unfortunately it can be a job to track down as the noise can come from just about any power supply, so even phone chargers could cause a problem like a failed connection issue or loss of throughput speed, which could knock the STB off the internet for a bit and stop your phone app talking to it.

Might be worth checking if the problems coincide with any devices being charged, switch on etc?

thanks
David

Community ModeratorDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings