Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver29
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Failed TV recordings

Go to solution

Have set BBC News at 6 as a series recording.  Switched on tonight to view recording,  'Recordings' showed 4 episodes as 'Failed Recording'  BUT these episodes were dated for next week.  No sign of this week's.  Checked Guide and episodes today and tomorrow were not showing as set to record.  Various other programmes scheduled to record this week were also not showing on guide as set to record - other set recordings were showing as usual.

Have reset recordings on Guide for missing programmes today and next few days and these are now showing as scheduled so will see what happens.

This has never happened before and I'm wondering if it is only my TV or more widespread this week.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Failed TV recordings

Go to solution

I suspect assuming this is a BBC 1 (SD or HD)  set of issues that it is due to the data that those channels are provding via Freeview to Youview.  

One of the problems seems to be they are not identifying programmes on that channel as being part of a series - ie the series CRIDs appear to be missing.

0 Ratings
Silver29
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Your right. I've checked and they are all BBC 1 programmes affected.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just to say this is still going on as I've just had failed recordings for BBC New at 10 (SD) for the coming week.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Silver29
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Still happening on mine too, but less often. Now I know it's only BBC, I can check Guide for next week to look for episodes not marked as 'Record'. Only trouble is that usually, but not always, when I find missing series recordings and set to record the missing episode, I then find it records twice, once as series and once as episode.
Having just checked today, I saw on Guide that BBC 6 o'clock news recordings were not 'record marked' after Friday, while Reporting Scotland episodes were marked to record up to next Wednesday.
0 Ratings