cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John22
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Failed recordings and accurate recording

Ok looks like we are starting to finally get the software updates for the failed recordings issue i think phase 2 was released yesterday but still nothing for the 2110 bt youview model so fingers crossed hopefully next week.also i cannot believe that they will not sort the issue out with ar recording so we can add time on at start and the end with a buffer as im getting channel 4 on some programme cuttimg the start off every time which i think is poor
7 REPLIES 7
John22
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Accurate recording plus failed recordings

Hi everyone first off all looks like failed recordings are getting sorted now with phased software updates . 2nd thing is accurate recording so am i right in saying that its just youview boxes that you cannot add time on to start and end of recordings . But freeview plus and play you can add a buffer
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: Accurate recording plus failed recordings

@John22wrote:
Hi everyone first off all looks like failed recordings are getting sorted now with phased software updates . 2nd thing is accurate recording so am i right in saying that its just youview boxes that you cannot add time on to start and end of recordings . But freeview plus and play you can add a buffer

That is correct - no padding on Youview boxes, and no server facility, host or client.  However, padding can cause far more issues than it solves so I've never used it myself.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Intelligent padding on my old Topfield never caused me any problems. You just had to keep an eye on any B2B recordings involving more than two channels but even then that was only for the same reason as Accurate Recording detecting an early start and /or an over-run.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 5 of 8

@gomezzwrote:
Intelligent padding on my old Topfield never caused me any problems. You just had to keep an eye on any B2B recordings involving more than two channels but even then that was only for the same reason as Accurate Recording detecting an early start and /or an over-run.

I run three PVRs and there's no way I could keep up with checking whether I had any B2B recordings every day.  For the most part I find AR pretty reliable so leave the machines to do the heavy lifting.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

I run three PVRs and keep it simple by allocating the main channels I record from to particular boxes.  Only occasionally does this result in a potentially problematic B2B and easy enough to shift a recording to one of the other recorders to avoid it being an actual problem.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 7 of 8

@gomezzwrote:

I run three PVRs and keep it simple by allocating the main channels I record from to particular boxes.  Only occasionally does this result in a potentially problematic B2B and easy enough to shift a recording to one of the other recorders to avoid it being an actual problem.

I don't bother with any of that.  TBH I find AR rarely fails so why complicate the uncomplicated.  Padding may be okay for some circumstances e.g. where the more minor channels don't use it, but in the main we only record the main terrestrial channels so not an issue.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Re: Failed recordings and accurate recording

T

@John22wrote:
Ok looks like we are starting to finally get the software updates for the failed recordings issue i think phase 2 was released yesterday but still nothing for the 2110 bt youview model so fingers crossed hopefully next week.also i cannot believe that they will not sort the issue out with ar recording so we can add time on at start and the end with a buffer as im getting channel 4 on some programme cuttimg the start off every time which i think is poor

That is correct. There is no padding on YouView boxes and I doubt there ever will be.

0 Ratings