cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 1 of 56

Failed recordings on subscription channels

Since this update for the new now service, any recordings I have had scheduled on my subscription channels have all failed. Is this pure coincidence or am I having issues.

0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 56

Re: Failed recordings on subscription channels

Hi @peter1uk 

My T4000 box has continued recording okay, are you getting any specific error codes?

The first thing I would try is to set a new recording on any of your subscription channels and see if that works okay. If it does then it's worth trying deleting your scheduled recordings and setting them again. If that doesn't work then try a factory reset using Maintenance Mode , select the 'keep recordings' option.

Presumably you can view the subscription channels okay and it records freeview channels? It's also worth using the BT TV app to check for clashes as this shows all scheduled recordings, unlike the STB.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 3 of 56

At first after a factory reset the problem was still there, however this afternoon it is randomly working again.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 56

If it happens again I would try the Software Reset option in Maintenance Mode, failing that call BT on 0800 800 151, a new STB may be the answer but it's odd that you're having problems straight after the software update.

Have you checked for software updates in Settings?

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 5 of 56

Tested it again this morning, Dave HD records fine, however both comedy central and nicktoons fail. It seems the non now tv channels are fine but the ones with the original version and the now tv version fail. I have done a software reset and maintenance reset and can watch all my subscription channels fine.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 56

The Now TV versions will fail if you haven't changed your subscription to include them. The TV packages underwent major changes last Friday and so far BT have been somewhat reluctant to inform customers. See the other thread regarding Now TV, it's the one with over 100 pages, for more info and the level of confusion.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 7 of 56

I meant the existing channels that now have duplicates elsewhere are failing.  I am still using the old channel numbers not the new now versions.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 8 of 56

More failed recordings on Gold HD and comedy Central HD. Ran out of ideas now.

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 9 of 56

I had the same problem trying to record on Syfy, which is also one of the newly duplicated channels. While it aired it looked like it was recording fine with the thumbnail in mytv saying it was recording. Then after the airing finished it said failed to record. I'm assuming that having two streams of the same channel is somehow confusing the box. 

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 10 of 56

Beginning to look like a BT issue then and not my box at least.

0 Ratings