cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 56

Re: Failed recordings on subscription channels

In the tests I've done the recordings on the SD version of Discovery were successful even when the recording on the HD channel failed.

I have set up some more test recordings for later so will report back.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 56

Hi @SeanD 

Yes only the HD channels, although I haven't tried the SD variants as I never use them.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 33 of 56

Apart from Nicktoons which has failed on mine, its normally the HD channels.

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 34 of 56

All my failed to record programmes were on the new Nowtv Syfy SD channel 346. There was no error message, just the failed to record notice. All the failures were for series linked programmes, I tried to record single episodes today and they worked fine. The scheduling was set after the upgrade as the channels are new to the EPG.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 35 of 56

As expected, another Discovery HD failure, now trying History and History HD.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 36 of 56

Just noticed on the BTTV app that my sd recording has been running for 10 mins and the HD recording is stuck at 1 min. I wonder if this is going tofail as well.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 37 of 56

As expected these recordings worked as there are not Not tv duplicates.

0 Ratings
JonGD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 56

+1 for this issue.

Many failed recordings from subscription HD channels.

But more info though - I think the issue may relate to saving the file at the end of recording not actually failing to record.

Twice I have been watching a Discovery HD programme (Channel 376, not Now TV) on delay from MyTV whilst it is still recording and both times the box has kicked me out of the playing programme (having been playing fine, skipping ad breaks etc.) at exactly the point that the programme finished recording (e.g. on the hour) and then advised that it had failed to record.

peter1uk
Contributor
Message 39 of 56

Just tried this with Nicktoons 485 and it also kicked me off as the programme ended in real time and came up with failed recording.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 56

Last night I had the following scheduled recordings:

7pm Masterchef USA on W 383

9pm Frankie Drake Mysteries on Alibi 382

9pm Gold Rush on Discovery 376

10pm Dave Turin's Lost Mine on Discovery 376.

Masterchef USA is a daily programme and recorded okay, as it always has. Frankie Drake on Alibi also recorded okay. There's no sign of Gold Rush from 9pm, but as with Wheeler Dealers on Monday, the STB knows that it's failed and recorded a repeat in the early hours, in this case at 3am. Dave Turin's Lost Mine recorded okay at 10pm.

As a safeguard I set Gold Rush and Dave Turin to record on Discovery SD 322 at 00h00 and 01h00 this morning, both recorded okay.

So far I haven't had a failure on W or Alibi, neither of which I think don't have a Now TV equivalent. Discovery and SyFy seem prone to failing when there are two recordings at the same time, with either one or both failing.