Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 56

Re: Failed recordings on subscription channels

@peter1ukwrote:

Just noticed on the BTTV app that my sd recording has been running for 10 mins and the HD recording is stuck at 1 min. I wonder if this is going tofail as well.

I don't think that the running time shown in the app means very much @peter1uk . I had two recordings at 9pm last night, at 9:40pm both showed 2 minutes. Alibi recorded okay but Discovery didn't.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 42 of 56

Yep, I agree as both my History HD and History SD recordings worked. Just thought it looked odd.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 56

@peter1ukwrote:

Yep, I agree as both my History HD and History SD recordings worked. Just thought it looked odd.

History isn't part of the Now TV pack is it?

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 56

I had set up to record Dave Turin's Lost Mine at 1am on Discovery HD, this failed. I also recorded Gold Rush at 9pm on Discovery SD, this was successful. 

So far all recordings on the SD channels have been successful. 

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 45 of 56

Not Yet, I was just trying to find a channel that i knew would record correctly.

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 56

Hi @SeanD ,

Do you us to continue to report recording failures or do yo have enough to go on? In general it looks like all my Discovery HD recordings are failing but the ones on the SD version are ok.

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 47 of 56

I've had more failures last night on comedy central and syfy. I've noticed that it's my new series linked programmes that fail every time, whereas single episode recordings or later episodes in a series seem to record OK. So I'm wondering if it's related to the bug mentioned in this thread where it talks about how first episodes of a new scheduled series seem to record twice at the same time.

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 48 of 56

Thanks for your feedback and detailed information. 

Please keep the feedback coming, but rest assured we are making good progress regarding this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Gavin

scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 56

Exactly the same here. All HD recordings failing and it is picking up a repeat on a SD channel which works ok. Pity I refuse to watch SD quality on a 4K TV though 😞

(I have already deleted some of the other HD failed recordings). Is this why we are not offering HD versions of the channels on the new 'classic' package.

failed.png

ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 56

@gavinlambourne I had actually cancelled all the scheduled recordings on the affected channels as I was fed up with all the failures.  However, as an experiment I set some up on various channels this morning. 

The results were as I expected, recordings on Animal Planet (325), Animal Planet HD (378) and Discovery (322) were successful, recordings on Discovery HD (376) and SyFy HD (375) failed.

Screenshot_20200227-130646__01.jpg

I know @gavinlambourne said that good progress is being made but I was interested to know if the issue has been reproduced?

0 Ratings