cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 56

Re: Failed recordings on subscription channels

Recently, I've had quite a few failed recordings on Discovery HD channel. 

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 12 of 56

Yes, two have failed on me today.

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 56

Don't know if it's related (as it's all Discovery HD stuff that is failing for me.  But if you look at the listings on the BT TV app, they are different from the YouView app /YouView guide.

For example, looking at tomorrow between 6am and 9am, you can see the listings are completely different!  It's all series linked stuff that is failing for me.

Screenshot_20200224-163601.jpgScreenshot_20200224-163616.jpg

Screenshot_20200224-163530.jpg

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 14 of 56

I am setting mine all on the guide itself, the only channels working so far are boomerang and comedy central extra and also Dave hd. Not much else seems to work.

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 56

Wonder if @StuartH or another mod could look at why the listings in the BT TV app are wrong (as shown two posts up)?  They need to be right if the existing YouView app is being discontinued.

I've also noticed that some of the series link information seems to be wrong.  For example I used to record the new episode of Gold Rush that was shown around 1am.  Recently that series inked dropped off and when I re-added it my box now records lots of showings of Gold Rush, not just the 1am showing.  It is happening for other shows too on Discovery HD.  Is it discovery that provides this data?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 56

Hi @ledgie 

Yes, it's Discovery that's responsible for Series Linking, they aren't particularly good at it either.

peter1uk
Contributor
Message 17 of 56

Actually had one work on gold HD but comedy Central is still having failed recordings.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 18 of 56

Yet more failed recordings last night. I've done every reset possible and it's still failing.

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 19 of 56

Two more failed programmes last night. Same behaviour as before, it shows the programme as recording for the duration of the air time, but then says failed to record after the programme ends. 

As an experiment, I just recorded a show on Syfy and started to watch the recording 15 minutes in, I was able to watch until it stopped recording, but then the recording cut off and said failed to record.

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 20 of 56

Have done another factory reset and doing some test recordings, two more fails so far. Might be time to get rid of this.

0 Ratings