cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 56

Re: Failed recordings on subscription channels

I had recordings set for 9pm last night on Discovery and SyFy. The Discovery one failed when I looked at the app later but the box had then scheduled to record a repeat at midnight, which recorded successfully. SyFy recorded okay. There is no sign of the failed recording on the STB, presumably it removes that if it's successfully recorded a repeat.

My STB has done that a couple of times in  the past, there's been a failed recording and it's looked for the next showing and recorded that instead.

I'm currently recording on Discovery and SyFy to see if they record okay.

I would recommend that anyone posts issues on the Youview Community here,  especially when it looks like it might be related to a software update. It's more likely to be actioned over there than here. You'll need to post your model of STB and current software release, together with Channel Numbers and the specific programmes.

ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 56

I've had more failed recordings so I've reported them on the YouView Community forum.

As an experiment I recorded the 9am showing of "Code of the Wild" on both Discovery and Discovery HD.  Both started to record at 9am but when the recording finished at 10am, the Discovery HD version shows "Failed to record" but the Discovery (SD) version was successful.  

NeilO
Message 23 of 56

Hi Everyone, I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your recordings since the update. To help with our investigations can anyone affected by this post back answering the following questions?

• Which version of the channel are you recording? The BT TV version e.g. Comedy Central HD on 370, or the NOW TV version on 359.
  • What error are you getting when you try to playback the recording – there should be an IPC error presented?
  • Are these scheduled recordings you've set up before moving to the new NOW TV Packages?
0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 56

Hi @NeilO .

My STB is the T2100, 32.42.0, component software 3.6.168 (e6d432).

Majority of my failures are on the BT TV version of Discovery HD on 376.

There is no option to try and play the recording it just states "failed to record".  Some of these were set to record before the Now TV packages appeared and some such as the "Code of the wild" that I mentioned in my previous post were set up to record today.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 56

Hi @NeilO 

I've had failures on Discovery HD (BT 376) and SyFy HD (BT 375).

I haven't taken any Now TV packages, I'm still on the Max 4k BT Package. I had another failure last night which was Wheeler Dealers: Dream Car at 9pm on Discovery HD 376. This was scheduled to record at the same time as Westworld on SyFy. Westworld did record okay, both Westworld and Wheeler Dealers were scheduled to record prior to last Thursdays software release. My two failures this morning (See Pic1) were set to record this morning as a test.

Fail1a.jpg

There is no error code, if I try to play one of them I just get the screen shown below:

Fail2a.jpg

peter1uk
Contributor
Message 26 of 56

Hi,

My STB is the T2100, 32.42.0, component software 3.6.168 (e6d432).

My issues have been on the original Max HD package, so far the following channels have issues on my box:

Comedy Central HD 370

SYFY HD 375

Discovery HD  376

Nicktoons 485

Boomerang 487

Gold HD 392, this occasionally works

Just to note I have tried Vice HD and Dave HD and these have recorded fine.

Again in mytv it just says "failed to record"  All my recording have been set after the Now TV packages arrived due to factory resetting the box three times in different modes.

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 56

@NeilO my experience matches what @Andy005 describes.

As an experiment I just recorded  Gold Rush and Stargate on Discovery HD (BT 376) and SyFy HD (BT 375) - both failed.

When Stargate had a few minutes left I started to play the recording.  Playback was fine until 1pm when the recording finished and at that point my box said "This recording has ended" and when I went in to MyTV it then said it had been watched although it has the failed warning triangle beside it now.

IMG_20200225_130056.jpg

Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 56

It does seem to be @ledgie that it's the closing off of the recording that's causing the failure as you say. I'm also recording Masterchef USA on W and that's been okay, but I think W is on of the few channels that isn't available on Now TV. I think Alibi is another, I've a recording scheduled on Alibi tonight so I'll see if that works.

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 29 of 56

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for following up with more info 😉 I am so sorry that you are experiencing failed recordings.

We have our TV tech guys looking into this now.  At this point, I don't believe we need your specific account details for our investigation but if that were to change then we will post back here and let you know.

As soon as I have more information to share I will update you all.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers

Sean

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 30 of 56

Hey Guys,

Me again, back with a quick question.  

Can you confirm that the failed recordings are only appearing on HD variants of the channels and not SD?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings