cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Failed recordings

Hi I’ve recently purchased a new Bt youview box, it’s not used with the internet for catch up as I have a smart tv but I like to record series from it, I’ve been away for two weeks and set my box to record supermarket sweep on itv 2 and neighbours on channel 5, neighbours only recorded on 6th and 9th September and nine of the supermarket sweep episodes have recorded, just says recordings have failed, feeling quite disappointed, I’ve been trying to find a simple solution and I’m failing miserably so can anyone give me a simple explanation please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Failed recordings

Hi @Disneybabe72 

since your return are your recordings occurring normally

Is the Youview box connected to your broadband in normal use , did it remain connected whilst you were away or was anything powered off ?

Do you know which Freeview transmitter you receive your signal from ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi

yes last night it recorded supermarket sweep. I looked at settings and although I had changed them so box is “always ready” it had reverted back to eco mode by itself. We don’t have it connected to broadband as we only use box for recordings and not for catch up etc. All power remained on just box switched itself off. We are in East Anglia if that helps with transmitter, but I’m now thinking it’s the box switching off that has stopped recordings, is this something that is normal over a two week period if the box hasn’t even been in use? I thought like my previous box it would remain on and record for any length of time?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Can you check in the Settings under Software information which Manufacturer software and Component software you have ?

()ignore any alphanumeric strings in brackets)

0 Ratings