cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Failed to provide service - is my contract now void?

On the 5th July  I started having issues with the picture quality on my tv. The picture would be completely scrambled and unwatchable. This was for most channels. I reported to BT and an engineer was arranged. In the meantime the issue seemed to resolve so I cancelled the engineer. The day after the issue returned so I again reported to BT. They did checks and said no fault was found. I insisted on an engineer coming, and it was arranged for them to attend on the 15th July. At no point did my tv resume to normal during this time and my broadband kept dropping off every few minutes too. In the interim I was sent a new TV box to see if that fixed the issue with the tv. It did not. On the 15th 2 engineers arrived. They were there for around 15 mins. They put a new connector on the end of my Aeriel cable and that was about it! They said no fault could be found but could see my internet dropped off 96 times the previous day! They said they could not check for issues outside the home.

I then got an email from BT advising my complaint had been closed and they were happy things had been sorted?!

It is now 27th July and I still have no TV service, despite me contacting BT on several occasions. I really want to leave BT but have been told my contract doesn’t end until February 2023, and that I would have to pay an exit fee of over £400!! Given BT have failed to provide services and have failed to fix the fault in a reasonable amount of time, isn’t my ‘contract’ void now? BT have surely broken the conditions?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Failed to provide service - is my contract now void?

Hi @Weeza1978,

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've been experiencing problems with your BT TV.

In your post you've said the the picture was scrambled and unwatchable. Is this on the Freeview Channels or does it affect the Extra Channels as well?

If it affects the extra channels as well, do you get any error messages when this happens?

If you connection is dropping as well this will also have an impact on the BT TV. To try and get a better understanding of what is happening with your connection, please could you post your router stats.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings