cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_H
BT TV Expert
Message 11 of 30

Re: Failed to record

Hi there AD-Hpl and thank you for taking time to get in touch. Would you mind letting me know your broadband telephone number (on a private message please)?  That will help me pick out events that are specific to your particular box and line and give me some useful info on where to investigate for you.

As you're experiencing the issue on Freeview recordings I'll also check which transmitter you're most local to, just in case there's been any retuning as part of the 700mhz clearance work that DigitalUK have been doing - unfortunately we've seen a bunch of issues for people in London who use the Crystal Palace tower and had issues with Freeview - a retune normally resolves that, but it is frustrating when you'd made time to watch stuff that isnt there!

Also - do you do any recordings on the digital TV channels (above 300) e.g. AMC, Dave or our Sports channels and if so, have any of those shown any problems? 

All the best

David

0 Ratings
AD-Hpl
Beginner
Message 12 of 30

Hi David - all recordings last night failed - BBC1HD (101), BBC2HD (102), ITV2 (6)

0 Ratings
Brianmartin1
Beginner
Message 13 of 30

Hi. Has there been a resolution to this?  I have recently experienced similar issues, most recently the cricket highlights in channel 5 HD at 7pm this evening. It is on series record. The first one (yesterday) recorded fine but today’s did not.  I switched on half way through and saw it was not recording.

My box is a Humax DTRT2100.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Brianmartin1
Beginner
Message 14 of 30

Hi. Has there been a resolution to this?  I have recently experienced similar issues, most recently the cricket highlights in channel 5 HD at 7pm this evening. It is on series record. The first one (yesterday) recorded fine but today’s did not.  I switched on half way through and saw it was not recording.

My box is a Humax DTRT2100.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
AD-Hpl
Beginner
Message 15 of 30

Nothing yet, but i would suggest (as listed in the thread somewhere) a manual retune of the device. Also check your power save settings - I did find recently that on one occasion taking it out of standby took the same amount of time as a cold boot. This could have caused a failed scheduled recording had one been due to occur.

0 Ratings
Glawsterfan
Beginner
Message 16 of 30

Our you view box regularly fails to record, notably while we are not here. This is on a range of channels  including  BBC and Channel 4. It is becoming increasingly frustrating to see the words 'Failed to record'

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 30

Hi @Glawsterfan

The TV team are aware of an issue with failed recordings and currently working on an update to help reduce/prevent this.

You can read more about it on a post from David_H a BT TV Expert here Failed Recordings

0 Ratings
warrior46
Beginner
Message 18 of 30

I also have the same problem on a number of channels and now feel I cannot trust the box to record anything that is important and programmes finishing early, think I will be going back to sky

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 30

Depending which unit you've got , there most likely is a update on it's way to update to 31.28 which fixes this issue.

The update has been rolling out for 2 weeks now so BT/Youview are possibly half way to completion. I got mine yesterday for my T2100.

Just be patient.

0 Ratings
John22
Contributor
Message 20 of 30

The thing is at the end of the day how long can you be patient for im still on software version 29.58 on model number 2110 box from april and if not fixed by the end of august i will be buying a more reliable box that works properly
0 Ratings