cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevetay55
Message 1 of 6

Failed to record

Hello need some help please I have been getting failed to record programmes intermittently over the last few months there seems to be no pattern....very annoying may need to go elsewhere as contract now ended...phoned up customer service ....did factory reset with keeping recording option ...no difference....moved wireless modem....no difference.....removed splitter for upstairs TV....no difference.....tried signal booster....no difference

Anymore things I could try before going through further hassle of choosing another provider?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Failed to record

@Stevetay55wrote:

Hello need some help please I have been getting failed to record programmes intermittently over the last few months there seems to be no pattern....very annoying may need to go elsewhere as contract now ended...phoned up customer service ....did factory reset with keeping recording option ...no difference....moved wireless modem....no difference.....removed splitter for upstairs TV....no difference.....tried signal booster....no difference

Anymore things I could try before going through further hassle of choosing another provider?

You may find it worthwhile to look through the various threads about this https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&fil...

A precis would be there was a widespread problem, a fix was rolled out with  Software Update 31.28.0 and seemed to fix the issue however lately there have been reports of issues with the subscription content channels

0 Ratings
BikerDon
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The fix hasn't worked for me, I'm still getting failed recordings on 31.28.0 - getting very annoyed with my BT service now, lots of other issues too....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@Stevetay55  Can you expand upon what actual configuration you currently have 

ie which HomeHub or router

which Youview Box  model

how the Youview Box is connected  to the Homehub ie direct cable or PLAs etc

and Whether the problem occurs on Freeview channels  and/or the BT Sport and BT TV channels

and Whether you experience the problem on both series recordings and individual recordings ?

also are these recording set from the YOUview EPG guide on the Youview Box or remotely by the YouView app or the BT TV App ?

Also does the problem occur on recordings  requested when the Youview Box is in active use or only on recordings due to occur when the box is in a standby mode.

Do you also get any loss of signal or weak signal messages or loss of internet connection when using your Youview Box for normal viewing ?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

I'd just add to @zulu17 list of questions , what level of signal strength & quality do you get on any of the affected channels?

0 Ratings
BikerDon
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I'll send more info tonight, stay tuned....

Sorry, just noticed you werent addressing me, I can send info too.

Should I send it to this thread or start another one?

0 Ratings