cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

False YVM302 error

Go to solution

I am getting regular error message for low signal quality on channel 106, 107 (BBC 4 and BBC News HD) amongst others. This is a false report.  There is no problem with the picture when it is playing and when fed directly into the TV the signal quality is 98%. Signal strength is 100% through the box on these channels and I have a new arial.  I live in the West London area

I have tried retuning to no avail and can find no help on either the youview, BT or Freeview sites. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a reason/solution 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: False YVM302 error

Go to solution

@RoderickNathan 

Your problem is most likely down to your signal strength.

The tuners on these BT Youview boxes are very sensitive - poor quality - to high signal strength and your 100% is way too high.

The solution is to install a variable attenuator in the aerial feed and adjust until the signal strength drops to , say, 90% . You're looking at a cost circa £5.

This may seem a bit of reverse logic but it's a very common issue and the variable attenuator invariably works.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Does seem to be more of a fault from the provider rather than the customer. Should they not provide the solution?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If anyone is at fault, it'll be Humax as they manufacture the box for Youview and BT just put their branding on them. The exact same issue would arise if you bought a retail model from one of the many retailers that sold Youview boxes so BT has zero liability.

An attenuator will cost around £6 from one of the large online retailers. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Ah but it was not Humax who sold it to me. I am a customer of BT TV. I saw nothing in the literature warning me that if my (unamplified) signal was too strong their service would not work.

I will get an attenuators and hope it does not adversely affect when I watch the TV through its own tuner.
0 Ratings