Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Diablo667
Message 1 of 5

Faulty? Was I ripped off?

Go to solution

Hello,

I am subscribed to BT TV package which includes BT sport.  I have got this youview box and I set it up correctly.  It said that all are working and connection is established etc. 

I am on infinity 3 which roughly gave me about 70mb per sec download.

After my initial set up, I never see anything on youview nor BT sport in last 2 weeks. I kept getting error message saying that I don't have fast connection.  Ridiculous.  My youview box is directly plugged into BT hub and and BT hub is directly into special BT infinity socket ( I dont know what the correct name for it is).

So is it clear that youview box is faulty? or is BT purposedly disable BT sport to force us to upgrade to more expensive package?

I have a good mind to report BT youview box as faulty equipment under goods of Sales Act since I bought it with credit card....

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Faulty? Was I ripped off?

Go to solution

Couple of questions -

Is yours a FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) connection ?

Does any of the Youview functionality - eg Freeview channels , BBC IPlayer All4 player work ?

0 Ratings
Diablo667
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

yes I am having FTTP.

All i can see is youview tv guide.  But none of those channels you spoke of are working. The only working feature on it is BT player. BT player is no good to me as it doesn't show any live matches, only catch up. I am not interesting in catch up as I was under impressed that I supposed to get live matches (that is as in real time broadcasting, not catch up whole match) via this youview box.

Clearly, this box is faulty as I can't think of any plausible explanation for it.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, can you PM me you account number please. As you are FTTP, you may not have a landline, so I can find you via account number. Thank you.
BT TV expertJayN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Diablo667
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your offering of help - the problem is now resolved.  It was a faulty youview box of mine all along.  I used someone's youview box to test and it is all working now.

Thanks all the time.

0 Ratings