Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cthatcham
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

February 2014 software update confusion

Go to solution

Hi Everyone

Could anyone please explain which software version is the latest?   I've had my YouView box since August 2013 and the software updated yesterday (21 February) to:

Manufacturer software:15.11.0

Component software: 2.1.14

Platform configuration: 714

ISP configuration: 95

I am querying this because I cannot find any way to turn off the "mini- television" - the instructions associated with the update email (from Sean I think) on this site do not work as Settings / Subtitles and Accessibility does not give me an option to turn off the mini-television.

Does this mean that yesterday's update wasn't the accessibility update?

I also somehow now have 54 internet channels??  The screen states I should retune channels, yet the box automatically updates if there are any changes to channels.....

Could anyone shed some light on this please?

(I'm based in Berkshire, receiving from Hannington Transmitter, if that makes any difference.)

Thanks!   Kate

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: February 2014 software update confusion

Go to solution

Actually I believe your ISP configuration changed yesterday (to 95) and thats why the Youview box says you had an update. 

The ISP configuration seems to influence what  (internet) channels appear in your EPG.

I suspect it might change again in a day or so particularly if channels you are not expecting are appearing in your EPG.

The accessibility update is a change to your Manufacturer software (to 17.3.0) which you have yet to receive and may not receive for several days or indeed a couple of weeks.

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
My youview box is currently bouncing between updating from isp configuration 95 and 96 and back so everytime I check for an update it finds one. Weird
0 Ratings
cthatcham
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the explanation Zulu17 - I look forward to the new software, when it finally arrives !

Hopefully there won't be any bugs with this update - I looked on the main Youview community and they seem to have all sorts of problems whenever there is a software update....  

Kate

0 Ratings