Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Fed up of box crashing

Hi I am seriously considering going back to Sky for tv as our BT  box has all sorts of issues. Not booting up / volume not working , plus one very odd problem is say when watching a programme on itv at 8pm and we pause and rewind it shows up on the banner at bottom screen THE CHASE ITV 4.59 5.59  ! OH and the very annoying " Your programme has finished " when there are several minutes to go, i am getting so much grief from the Mrs.

We have started using the Freesat box more and more which got me thinking about returning to Sky. The TV Package we have at present is discounted and to renew would be £19.00 [ Max HD] , i am not willing to pay that for a service that does not work properly. I have even started recording shows on Freesat that i used to record on BT due to them constantly finishing before show is over! 

Yes i could ask for a new box? but this one is only 1 yr old [ i think ], and could end up in same situation again. Been with BT for many years and always rated the Broadband and indeed service received from them and Customer services. I'ts a shame that there are so many problems with these boxes , my Wife cant and does not want to have to reboot the box when her favourite programme is about to start because the sound has gone or it wont pause/ record . Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fed up of box crashing

I'd recomened getting a decent freesat box and then shopping around for the best Pay TV deal. BT is a lot better value than the others IMHO.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fed up of box crashing

@MitoMan wrote:

Yes i could ask for a new box? but this one is only 1 yr old [ i think ], and could end up in same situation again. Been with BT for many years and always rated the Broadband and indeed service received from them and Customer services. I'ts a shame that there are so many problems with these boxes , my Wife cant and does not want to have to reboot the box when her favourite programme is about to start because the sound has gone or it wont pause/ record . Thanks

Surely if your box is only one year old, or possibly less, that is all the more reason why you should request a new one?
0 Ratings