cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Fed up of spinning blue circle

I have a second BT you view  box in our bedroom and since using it all films I watch keep stopping with the blue spinning circle. A two hour film takes much longer to watch now.

The internet connection seems fine. 

Any ideas please.

(apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere)

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fed up of spinning blue circle

How is your box connected to your router and

Have you tried watching the same program on both boxes at the same time (obviously with two people) and if you have, do both boxes buffer at the same time

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply. 

I have router to cisco wall socket then cisco wall socket into bt you view box.

The same cisco has other ethernet cables coming out of it and there is no buffering. 

The bt you view box downstairs which is the bigger version doesn't have the same problem. 

Also when watching television through the upstairs BT you view box it tells me I have poor reception but when the same aerial was in the tv prior to connecting the BT box there was never a signal problem and all channels were perfect. 

Is the upstairs box faulty?

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

It does sound like a faulty box, have you tried swapping them over ( moving the downstairs one upstairs and vice-versa) to see if the fault moves with the box or stays with the position

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

no but will before I ring and ask for a new one. 

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

DavidM
Message 6 of 7

HI @Rodweiller and thanks for posting.

Did you try swapping the boxes? Did it help? can you get back and let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I have swapped as suggested and the smaller box worked fine but the big box in the bedroom had the same problem. 

It's not the internet as the bedroom has a smart tv and streams fine on it just not on a BT box.

I have also had to take the aerial out of the small BT box as it reduces my Freeview channels reception considerably. 

Any ideas what to do please?

0 Ratings