cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YorkshireLakeside
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Feedback on the BT TV interface.

After using the BT TV 4kUHD box for a few days now I hope you can look at making some changes to the user interface in the future.

Just my thoughts but might be worth discussion.

1. Too many clicks: Not the end of the world but I feel it could be simplified and more intuitive.

eg: If you record something you can press the delete button on the remote. However if the item is a link to a catch-up programmes you have to use the ‘i’ button and then remove.

2. Personalised quick guide on the home page. I want HD channels on. Or favourite channel links

3. BBC HD, when watching the news and it changes to regional news channels, an option to change automatically to SD channel and then move back to HD Automatically when finished. Even radio has option for local news in cars (same thing).

4. Pressing play Button on remote takes you to the recorded programmes screen if nothing is playing.

finally, can you have a chat with the major channels to improve the quality of catchup channels on You view - recording in HD should play HD on Itv, channel 4, five. BBC iPlayer seems better.

overall I’m impressed but you need to keep working on the quality of the channels now to compete with Sky.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
YorkshireLakeside
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Feedback on the BT TV interface.

The ‘categories’ tab could do with a wraparound scroll.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

ITV, channels 4&5 offer HD on catch-up as part of a premium subscription or locked behind an existing, long term and very exclusive commercial agreement with sky. This is also the reason BT don't have access to E4HD & Film4HD etc

0 Ratings
YorkshireLakeside
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Going to struggle then.

Recording live HD tv is fine. Maybe BT need some AI to see if you watch a programme on catchup and then set it to record future episodes but access on the EPG timeline. Simulate Catchup by using the recorder.

Simplify for old timers.

how long is this long term  monopoly Agreement to benefit. Content is free and should not hinder quality.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

The catch-up services are not ran by BT. They are ran by the individual broadcasters and Youview isn't just used by BT so any operating system changes would need to be made by Youview and then made available to every Youview box in the country. They would also need to make similar software changes to all the TV's that run the Youview software. Youview isn't a platform made by BT for BT TV customers only unlike Sky Q or the Virgin Media boxes that can run custom software.

0 Ratings
YorkshireLakeside
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Well I’m happy to give feedback and answer customer surveys to help improve YouView if anyone knows how things like this can be done.

However BT needs to feed into this service as well (which they must be!) - I’m paying into the BT TV service but also hoping they are happy to keep it fresh and fix problems.

The basics have to work and flexible to use.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

Is point 3 for real? Talk about first world problems when you have to press buttons to change a channel!

0 Ratings
YorkshireLakeside
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Yes it’s for real?
I don’t want to listen to that BBC music any longer than I have to.

first world problem or not there isn’t a need for it.
what about people that cannot easily press buttons?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 13

Keep it friendly guys.

Cheers

David

garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

Automatic switching just seems like such a pointless extra to me, i'm sure theres a multitude of reasons why nobody does it

0 Ratings