Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 71 of 133

Re: Firmware Update Today

@DavidM wrote:

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in the roll-out of the YouView update. During our trial with the updated version, we discovered a bug in the new software which only affects BT Vision customers. We have now identified a fix, but it will be a couple of weeks before we can implement it. We’re sorry you have to wait a bit longer. We will let you know when the roll out will begin as soon as we have a fix date.

Cheers

David

That's handy.

I have a shop bought YV on which BT has put the BT vision on demand option (after getting infinity).

I had the update in the early hours of the 7th.

So the question is - what is the bug, and will it cause me any problems??

0 Ratings
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 133

Personally I would rather have the update NOW so I can hide the adult channels in the guide from the kids!

That is far more important than BT Vision. Sorry...

0 Ratings
deanwade
Beginner
Message 73 of 133

We use a YouView trial Humax DTR-1000 v.8.20.0 with BT Vision OTT and I have not had any problems!

Could you please explain?

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 133

So when it was explained that the update was direct from youview and BT were not blocking it, it was a blatant lie?

deanwade
Beginner
Message 75 of 133

I this bug real?.... or just a ploy to withold 8.20.0?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 76 of 133

Please could advise if this affects   retail humax youview box that have been bought independently.

The reason of asking is that my box was not obtained via bt vision but I am BT Broadband customer. As far as I am aware I have access to the same BT vision content via the BT player as the the humax youview  boxs  that are being supplied to BT Vision subscribers.

Therefore if we use the BT vision player and have down loaded the new software,  are we going to suffer the same bug ploblem as the bt vision boxes?

If this is case will all humax boxes get the new update irrespective of where we obtained our box?

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 133

I'm going to ask for a partial refund of my monthly fee (£12.50 for TV Unlimited) as the YouView box was advertised with Dolby Digital sound. It was supposed to be added in the October update but doesn't look like we'll get it before 2013.

Youview DD

deanwade
Beginner
Message 78 of 133

My credit for this month is in the bag!

The more it costs them the more urgen the roll-out shall be to BT.... so get asking for a monthly credit!

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 79 of 133

Well according to my BT account I don't even have YouView from BT

deanwade
Beginner
Message 80 of 133

No evidence of a BT related bug in 8.20.0 so far!

0 Ratings