Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 81 of 133

Re: Firmware Update Today

May be some one from BT could explain what this bug  cause to happen. From evidence so far there is little problem with people that have the new software.

As a major partner of youview I find it Very strange that BT was not able to test this software at the same time it was being Trialed and tested by youview, bearing in mind the fact  that the retail box has the same capability to use the BT vision app and unlike the talktalk ( which has extra service ) the BT box is a bog standard Humax youview box.

I know for fact that Youview  went to great Lengths that all types of users trialed the new software before roll out therefore it hard to believe that a major partner would be left out.

To me and probably many other on this forum, this just seems like a excuse, to save face because the roll out is taking longer than expected

0 Ratings
SamdyGray
Contributor
Message 82 of 133

Firmware is the same across all providers, yes? The only BT part of the box is the Vision player.

Why bugs in BT Vision player SOFTware should prevent a FIRMware rollout is beyond me. Bugs in Vision player do (should) not affect the overall operation of the box.

BT should allow the update and then concentrate on fixing their own buggy software.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 83 of 133

if bt trying blocking my update I won't be happy, especially as I've purchased my own retail box and won't be using the bt app on it
0 Ratings
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 133

@walkerx wrote:
if bt trying blocking my update I won't be happy, especially as I've purchased my own retail box and won't be using the bt app on it

Don't worry, you won't have a problem if it is a retail box, even if you are connected to BT Broadband/Infinity.

As far as we can tell it is purely the serial number of the Humax boxes which BT deliver are blocked.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 85 of 133

@TheBlade wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

Don't worry, you won't have a problem if it is a retail box, even if you are connected to BT Broadband/Infinity.

As far as we can tell it is purely the serial number of the Humax boxes which BT deliver are blocked.

Good

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 133

I suspect all updates have now been stopped. Have you tried a manual update?

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 87 of 133

ok - installed my new youview box tonight and it updated automatically, so now on the latest version

2012-11-09 19.54.50.jpg

just now got to setup the bt vision box in another room until the contract expires

or will just be able to use the bt app in interim

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 88 of 133

Excellent news, does the BT Vision app work?

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 89 of 133

not tested yet, but now tv and iPlayer both fine. Just concerned if I run the bt app if they then try charging for it or billing me £200 for powering off my bt vision box and probably not switching it back on. Nothing in contract to say you can't keep powered off, only it must stay connected to network. Which it is.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 133

This confirms nicely that retail boxes are still being updated. Out of interest do you have a BT icon appearing on the initial menu at the bottom?

0 Ratings