cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 121 of 133

Re: Do not doubt it just reporting BT's response to me. I can...

@drhowells wrote:

@happyslayeruk wrote:

Just had an email from BT when I asked about a sub refund.credit due to lack of Dolby 5.1 and the update being suspended for BT customers. They say Youview are resposible for the update

"Unfortunately it would not be possible for BT to offer a refund of a months subscription as there is no technical fault with the BT Vision App you have on the Youview box. Any compensation would need to come from Youview as the update is something only they can send to the box."

A mod on here said BT stopped the update due to a fault with the vision app.

Can a mod please come on here and clear up this situation. Who is tewlling the truth and why can't I get a sub refund for a service that is advertised on BT webpage?

Getting annoyed now.

Looking at this from a pure responsibility perspective, I would say it is BT who should give any kind of refund. We pay BT, our contract is with BT and it sounds like they have purely passed the buck on this one. Like you said, it is advertised as having it on the BT site.

BT are currently in breach of the SOGA and Trading Standards by stating the product they supply is 5.1 for their on-demand service, yet they know this is not the case until users are upgraded to the latest release.

They should also mention that once upgraded that 5.1 audio is only available to users that use an optical cable to connect their audio and that currently the hdmi audio does not supply 5.1.

as drhowells says your contract is with BT and no-one else and it is up to them to resolve customer issues, not youview, humax or anybody else.

I suggest that users take a screenshot of what BT are supposed to be selling, as they can easily make changes of which you will then find very hard to contest. Look at the movies issues on Vision, they keep changing information on it, so when you query it, they say it is something else.

I had a feeling BT would not refund, especially as when I informed that I wanted to cancel my contract due to the lack of movie updates and that they were failing on their own admission, I was told I would have to pay the £199 for the vision box even though my contract was fully paid up. if I wanted the Youview box it would cost me £300 or wait and resign for another 12 months. Not once did they offer any form of reduction in the monthly fee or allow me to upgrade early so they've actually lost me as a vision customer (and someone else who was going to join).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
technoant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 122 of 133

Maybe we should get our money back, as BT sent out the email stating that channel 5HD was also on You View

See Image

bt_early_bird_copy.jpg

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 123 of 133

There'll be something in the T's and C's letting them get away with errors like this
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 124 of 133

@cactusbob wrote:
There'll be something in the T's and C's letting them get away with errors like this

If that is the case, then all other information regarding Youview on their website will be covered, thus meaning no customer can use the mis-information to get out of their contract or ask BT for re-imbursement

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 133

Hi Guys,

Thanks for pointing that out. We’ve made a mistake with this and we’re sorry about that. Any future mailers will be corrected.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 126 of 133

@DavidM wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for pointing that out. We’ve made a mistake with this and we’re sorry about that. Any future mailers will be corrected.

Cheers

David

If you look at

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Channel-5-HD/m-p/665756/highlight/true#M37849

you will note that it was advised several weeks ago and no action taken

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 133

Fair point zulu17,

Hands up to that. Thanks for pointing it out. If anyone has been inconvenienced by the mistake then please do get in touch and we'll look at it for you.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
edbond
Beginner
Message 128 of 133

Put a complaint in to the ASA
0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 129 of 133

Don't really think that being without an HD variant of C5 will exactly detrimentally affect my enjoyment of YV....!!

Anyway, I have a question - please could someone post a reply to this to let me know (I've set the mail me option) the answer:

I have just got my YV box today - all seems good so far - well.....OK in that it works as you'd expect given all the issues and the lack of update....but having said that, I think most problems are fairly minor......I must add that I don't currently have any of the nastier issues like disconnect / freezing etc.....maybe my opinion will change!!

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 130 of 133

@JXHogan74 wrote:

Don't really think that being without an HD variant of C5 will exactly detrimentally affect my enjoyment of YV....!!

Anyway, I have a question - please could someone post a reply to this to let me know (I've set the mail me option) the answer:

I have just got my YV box today - all seems good so far - well.....OK in that it works as you'd expect given all the issues and the lack of update....but having said that, I think most problems are fairly minor......I must add that I don't currently have any of the nastier issues like disconnect / freezing etc.....maybe my opinion will change!!

Hi, I don't get any of those problems either. Don't forget that this is a support forum where people come for help and to vent, so you will often get a negative view of a product here. 

0 Ratings