cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Flexible TV packages

Go to solution

A relative has asked me about BT TV and to be honest, with the flexible TV packs, I'm not 100% sure I know the answer, so can someone guide me on my thinking please?

They are interested in the current £9 per month Entertainment pack offer, but at various points of the year will want to add the content covered in the Big Sport pack. Add, not swap being the key word.

I don't think that is feasible, because the marketing reads to me that you have 4 core packs (ignoring VIP, which is everything), and you can swap between them but not mix, such as having Entertainment and Big Sport at the same time, have I read that right?

I believe they could have Entertainment as a core pack and then pay the normal going rate as an "add on" for NOW Sports or Cinema, or take Big Sport and add on a NOW Entertainment pass, but that would be at standard pricing, is that correct? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flexible TV packages

Go to solution

@stereohaven 

I signed up to VIP in December and a few months ago swapped package to Big Sport + various options. So based on that, see my replies below.

... the marketing reads to me that you have 4 core packs (ignoring VIP, which is everything), and you can swap between them but not mix, such as having Entertainment and Big Sport at the same time, have I read that right?

Yes, that's right

... I believe they could have Entertainment as a core pack and then pay the normal going rate as an "add on" for NOW Sports or Cinema, or take Big Sport and add on a NOW Entertainment pass, but that would be at standard pricing, is that correct? 

Yes, that's right. Could be a pricy way of doing it. Also, the Eurosport channels are not offered as an Ada-on, only as part of VIP and Big Sport.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks very much, I'll update them accordingly. 👍🏻

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@stereohaven You’re spot on in your interpretation. I took the Entertainment package back in April when it was available for £6. We take everything else as an add on such as BT Sport, HD/UHD and Netflix standard. We know that if we were to change our core pack from Entertainment to something else and then wanted to go back to Entertainment, we would have to pay the standard price for it and would lose our discount.

Taking BT Sport & NOW Sport as add ons is a rather expensive way of doing it though. As you will be aware it can be much cheaper to get NOW Sports direct. I’ve just secured a 6 month deal for £20 per month which is a considerable saving. 

Sorry, just realised that what I was suggesting is not actually possible. Ignore that last paragraph. I’ve removed it now as it was misleading and incorrect.