Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AnnieR
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Free AMC channel?

Hi, I signed up to a BT TV package including Infinity 1 (from which I am receiving 40-50mbps) and I made it very clear when ordering this package that one of the important conditions to my moving to BT TV would be that I am able to get the free AMC channel promised with every infinity deal at the moment. However, a few days ago, when I finally got my infinity installed, the channel was no where to me found in my TV guide. I called BT to ask why I didn't have the channel and the advisor agreed that indeed I should have the free AMC channel and said there must be a technical issue, so she put me through to the technical department. I explained the same problem to the technician, who would not take mine and the previous advisors word for the fact I should have the channel and went away to check my details, came back insisting that my package doesn't include AMC. He would not listen to me when I tried to explain that I had been told otherwise by BT and had read otherwise before agreeing to the package. He would not help as he had decided I was not entitled to it. How can anyone working for BT not know about the free channel being promoted everywhere when you get any package with infinity I don't know. I gave up and called yet another adviser who seemed more helpful and told me that yes, of course I should have amc as it is free with any package with enough mbps. But he told me that it wasn't on my guide as it was only accessible via 'on demand'. Unfortunately, I wasn't at home at the time to check this whilst I was still on the phone, but when I checked, this wasn't the channel at all, it was only about 2 episodes of a few series to catch up on. I need the channel as advertised, as I left Sky in good faith I would still get the programs I'd been watching before on AMC. However in the meantime, AMC has now shown up in my guide, along with several other programs that were not there before. But when I select AMC, I now get a message saying my package does not include the channel and I need to subscribe! This also leads me to wonder if any of the other channels that say this should also be avaiable to me on my package. I had thought i read channels like National Geographic and History would be avaiable? Not as important to me but if i am supposed to have those with the package, I would like them. Please, can someone tell me, what has happened to my "free AMC?".
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Free AMC channel?

Hi, what BT TV package do you actually have?

Stew

0 Ratings
hobsgrg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

AMC is a free channel, however you have to opt in to receiving it when you order, that is what I did when I ordered BT Infinity 1 and the Total Entertaiment TV package. I also have National Geographic and History no problem. Which YouView box and TV package did you get? 

0 Ratings
AnnieR
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi hobsgrg, thank you for your reply. I'm sorted out now (I hope). Have had so many issues with my orders. One person I speak to tells me one thing, then one, another. It's seemed endless. I did originally ask for AMC as I enquired especially - it was my one condition for swapping Sky for BT as I'm a big Walking Dead fan. I was assured I would get it free, and I ordered BT YouView Plus, I have the plus box. But they hadnt activated my Sports/AMC and I finally spoke to an adviser yesterday who spotted that they'd put me down for basic BT TV. So they're now in the process of fixing this for me (touch wood, everything so far I've had a problem with so far seems to get worse before it gets better) but I'll reserve judgement 🙂
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

You won't get the walking dead on AMC, just fear the walking dead.
0 Ratings
AnnieR
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Great, thats another thing they miss informed me about / miss sold me then, as I wasn't sure but they assured me The Walking Dead was on AMC. Whats more, I now have no TV at all. I called and spoke to an adviser on Sunday regarding them giving me the wrong package, and not activating the Sports/AMC channels. I was told I would be onto BT TV plus today, but yesterday evening, when I switched on my TV it was completely blank. Blue lights, other devices on various imputs working but no BT YouView or FreeView. This is how my whole experience has gone with BT since the begginging of April when I started just trying to get Infinity 1, BT TV plus and phoneline. Things you can't even imagine might go wrong, going wrong then when you phone and thing the situation is about to be resolved something is messed up even further. I spoke to an adviser yesterday evening who told me it appeared that my BT TV plus is due to go live today (god willing!) but that weirdly, it appeared that my current TV was showing as completely unactive. He didn't seem to think this was normal either and I wasn't warned this would happen if it should. I spoke to the faults team, slightly reluctantly as I have been through stuff like this before and what tends to happen is someone will notice I have a fault now and cancel the activation of my BT TV plus todaybeing "helpful". I just hope this won't be the case. The faults guy went through various steps with me to check things for faults but found nothing. I now don't even know when I will next have TV. I don't know if theres a technical issue developed so when they activate plus tonight I still may have nothing. I have had an engineer booked in case this happens, but had to book 2 weeks ahead as I won't be available till then after the end of this week. It's just crazy - all I want is the Infinity and BT TV plus package. I had a case manager on this too, and we came to a resolution, but every time I think its all fixed, another problem occurs and then that seems to get worse and worse every time I speak to anyone for help. I am that close to cancelling and going back to my old services appart from that I feel that would be getting on for 3 months of stress and time, completely wasted.

0 Ratings
hobsgrg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Yes unfortunately you won't be able to get the Walking Dead at all on BT. You used to be able to get it on Fox which was one of the extra channels, however Fox stopped offering their channel to anyone other than Sky. You'll need to get Now TV to watch it but it is only £6.99 a month and you can get monthly passes cheaper than that on eBay or a Box with 3 or 6 month pass for less than the equivalent price per month.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

@hobsgrg wrote:

Yes unfortunately you won't be able to get the Walking Dead at all on BT. You used to be able to get it on Fox which was one of the extra channels, however Fox stopped offering their channel to anyone other than Sky. You'll need to get Now TV to watch it but it is only £6.99 a month and you can get monthly passes cheaper than that on eBay or a Box with 3 or 6 month pass for less than the equivalent price per month.

Actually TWD was available in the BT Store to purchase shortly after it premiered on Fox (after the channel was withdrawn from BTTV). Whether this will continue next season is another matter, even so it is definately not ideal. I often wonder why BT has a helpdesk, most of the time it's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

0 Ratings
AnnieR
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Ah, thank you for these suggestions Smiley Happy One way or another, I need to find access to the show for October when its back, after that cliffhanger! I shall look into both. Yes, you're right Hunter2660. I have found getting what I asked for very hit and miss, everything issue I have tried to get resolve with them seems to go through several rounds of getting further complicated before someone finally solves the issue. If you have an order or technician appointment, I have found they can't handle it if you call about any unrelated problem, as your unrelated appointment or order is likely to get cancelled with out warning because they don't seem to be capable of handling both at once. They all seem friendly enough and want to help but there seems there is a complete lack of training and knowledge - that and a lack of communications between deparments - ironic, as it is a telecommunication business. They never used to be like this going years back, I think the worst thing that they have done is outsourced most of their departments and services - everything is so devided up, it's no wonder things get mixed up and unorganised. 

0 Ratings
hobsgrg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Yes sorry I was purely talking about getting to watch it as part of a TV package. The other option is to purchase it although I was assuming that it wouldn't be available to purchase until that half season had finished on Fox but I don't know if that is the case or not. Shows like TWD and Game of Thrones it's far more of a problem waiting until later to watch it as spoilers appear all over the place so I rely on Now TV to watch the shows not available on BT but are on Sky.

0 Ratings