Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JSB1980
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Free HD bolt-on for existing customers?

Is the free HD bolt-on for six months available for existing BT TV customers or just new ones? The website makes it look like existing subscribers can get the bolt-on free for six months, but when going through the order process, no discounts are shown (plus it adds again the Entertainment package that I already pay for, at £7, though I get it for £5 for six months and that does get reflected on my monthly bill).

I'm not massively desperate for the HD bolt-on as the picture quality on SD extra channels such as BT Sport and Comedy Central is decent, but if I can get HD quality at no extra cost then why not? But the website is confusing and I don't want to sign up to something that isn't free after all! £3 extra a month isnt a fortune, I know, but if I was desperate for the HD bolt-on I'd have ordered it when I first became a BT TV subscriber in July.

Can anyone clarify for me? Thanks!
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Free HD bolt-on for existing customers?

You often find that if you look  at the Legal stuff that appears on the web page  there will be statements such as

All introductory prices or offers are only available to new BT Broadband customers unless stated otherwise.

If you ring BT and speak to customer options they normally have access to any deals that are available to existing customers.

0 Ratings
JSB1980
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Free HD bolt-on for existing customers?

According to BT Care on Twitter the offer is for existing customers. 🙂
0 Ratings