cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Free Youview Box, BT Infinity Package Order

Hi, I have just read about this Youview package that comes free when you get a broadband package. I ordered BT Ifinity on Wed 16th January 2013 and I am upgrading from BT Total Broadband Option 1... Does this mean I am able to get Youview?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Free Youview Box, BT Infinity Package Order

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Id much rather prefer to disscuss it on here. I find the bt live chat quite annoying and time consuming........ all I want to know is if I will get a free youview box when I upgrade to bt infinity...... or refer to the first post for mor info
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Did you order Youview?  If not, then I expect the answer is probably no.

But we aren't psychic and don't know exactly what you ordered.  That's why you are likely to get a more meaningful answer by contacting BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

The BT "free" box claims are a bit misleading.

The normal cheap TV offer for a triple-play deal (Phone, broadband and TV) is

Youview from BT box = £49  (activation charge)

BT Vision Essentials = £5 per month.

However, BT are currently doing a particular offer where the £5 is waived for the first 12 months. You still have to pay the £49 to activate the box and you also have to start paying the £5 if you continue with the BT Vision Essentials after the first 12 months.

The question, as others have asked, is did you sign up to that particular triple-play offer? If not then why would you expect the "free" box? If you only signed up to a phone and broadband double-play offer, then you could always phone BT sales and ask if they will move you to that current triple-play offer. They might be awkward and say no as you didn't sign up to that, or they might be flexible and let you change to that deal. You would still have to pay the £49.

The customers on this forum can't give you a definitive answer. Only BT can do that.

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

I asked through BT live chat, and they said I will get a free Youview box. To get a free youview box you either need to upgrade to bt infinity and I have done that.. but I read in the small print there is a 49 pounds activation charge... so with this free youview box will I stàrt having to pay for tv as well?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

If you look on this page and select the Essential package you can see the prices for the cheap TV, broadband and calls deals. The 3rd and 5th ones are with Infinity broadband and if you check the cost breakdown it says you get the Essential TV free for 12 months. The other non-Infinity ones charge you £5 for the Essential TV from month 1. 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/youview-packages

As far as I'm aware (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) you can only get a Youview from BT box if you sign up to a BT Vision Essential or Unlimited TV, broadband and calls package. You don't get one just because you take up a BT broadband deal. But if you take up one of the 12 months for free triple-play Vision Essential offers mentioned above then in theory I suppose you could cancel it at the end of the 12 months and never pay the £5. You will always have to pay the £49 box activation fee though.

If you have an order number you can phone the help desk and get them to confirm exactly what the order (and hence the contract is for).

0 Ratings