cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Free to air channels

Go to solution

I recently subscribed to bt and have received my pro tv box  and hub today. I have the Wi-Fi up and running and have the tv box connected to the hub via a cable. I  do not have an aerial connected but was led to believe that I do not need an aerial to receive free to air channels by the sales assistant. Is this true as I currently am not receiving any tv channels at all.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Free to air channels

Go to solution

Make sure the box is connected to your WiFi, unplug the aerial and run a software update. Once that's complete, run the set-up again as the software update that enables Internet Terrestrial channels probably hasn't been pushed through.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I do not have an aerial am I correct in saying I do not need one. When you say Wi-Fi should I disconnect the Ethernet before upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Ahh ok. No you don't need an aerial. I misread your post and thought it said you were connected via WiFi. If you want to use WiFi, unplug the ethernet cable or if leave it in if you want to use that instead. The Pro Box will use the ethernet if it's connected. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the help, software upgrade did the trick