cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siteguru
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Freeview Channels - Complete Loss of Sound

Recently (within the past few weeks) I've encountered times when I'll be watching a channel (say 101 - BBC HD) then I'll go channel hopping and maybe end up at channel 1 - BBC SD and I'll find there's no sound at all. If I go back to channel 101 then sometimes the sound is there, sometimes not.

I had the same issue happen at the weekend with channel 31 - Spike, but trying any other cnahhel resulted in no sound.

Any time the above issue occurs it can be resolved by a power cycle of the YV+ box (DTR2100 from memory).

Is this a sign of a failing YV box?

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Freeview Channels - Complete Loss of Sound

Hi @siteguru

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the sound issues you're having on your BT TV service.  Have a look through our self help pages here: Sound problems on Youview from BT

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Robbie.

I'm also "speaking" with Gemma about this over PM. 🙂

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@siteguru

Nice one!  @Gemma_P knows her stuff Smiley Wink

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

This is a problem that has been experienced by a number of users including me and has been reported on here several times. While I accept that the intermittent nature of the problem makes it hard to investigate I think it is time BT and Youview accepted that it is an actual firmware bug possibly triggered by a memory overflow.