cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Freeview HD channels lost

Hello,

I no longer subscribe to BT TV but have retained the youview box which seems to be OK but I have lost the Freeview HD channels, 101,102 etc

Is this to be expected as my punishment for unsubscribing.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Freeview HD channels lost

Co-incidence. Check for transmitter problems here.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

It is not a punishment. HD is apparently a paid for add on that you are not paying for.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/hd-and-ultra-hd/what-channels-are-available-in-the-hd-extr...

Edit: I just noticed you were referring to the free HD ie BBC etc. so ignore this message.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, I do see to be pointing at a dodgy transmitter. Time for Mr Ariel man
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Check things such as

Transmitter problems  as suggested  by others

Also if you use an aerial  feed direct to your TV do you pick up the channels  using the TVs own builtin Tuner

Too High a signal can also causes issues, what's the signal strength  of the channels  you can receive 

Interference  from other cables can cause issues so check aerial feed into the Youview  box is not  tooclose to HDmi cable

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Adding on top of this, COM7 Multiplex is being switched off this year and 'some' transmitters have already turned theirs off.

This will also affect BBC4 HD, BBC News HD, Freesport amongst things. If you get it fixed, and you do see BBC 1 HD, ITV HD etc but seemingly missing the aforementioned channels then that's something to consider and not a fault.

I live in a flat of a shared system and the signal was way too strong for the BT Box, was causing frameskipping (it's not actually frameskipping but errors occurred but the effect was looking like that). To solve that issue I fitted a variable attenuator, and pulled signal strength down to about 96%. Problem went away.

I don't get COM7 even though it is still alive on the Rowridge transmitter, my polarization (Horizontal) is correct. I suspect in my case it is either 5G interference or the aerial is still a group A one. (likely the latter as flat was built in 2006 when freeview was in its infancy after the collapse of ONDigital/ITVDigital and analogue was still a thing)   

0 Ratings