cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickf99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Freeview HD channels missing on Youview box

Hi, I received my free Youview box from BT recently to replace my old BT-vision box. The box is a BT badged version of the HUMAX box that I already have. Everything works fine on the youview box except in the evenings the signal for the HD freeview channels (101-105) dips badly and becomes unwatchable. On my old HUMAX box I have many more freeview channels available (from 865 onwards) which are all HD channels. When I switch to these channels the signal is much stronger. Why can I not get these channels on the Youview box ? This is particularly annoying now the world cup has started 🙂

any answers/help gratefully received.

thanks,

Nick

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Freeview HD channels missing on Youview box

Sounds like when you did an initial channel scan it picked the weaker transmitter (or maybe the stronger transmitter for some channels but not for the HD mux). Is your BBC1 (001) channel different regions in the epg. Try clearing it and doing another channel scan and picking a different region at the end...

the channels in the 800 are different transmitters that it sees but hasn't picked for the main channels, its not easy but try to work out from the regions which might be your best transmitter...

0 Ratings
nickf99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi and thanks for the reply. I can't (or don't know how to) see the region on the epg ?? I had noticed however that the old Humax box paired channel 101 (BBC 1 sw) with channel 865 rather than 101. Is there any way I can get the Youview box to register and show these channels so at least I have the choice?  Otherwise I will have to keep switching between boxes depending on what I am watching, and I'll never be able to get rid of the old Humax box.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

If you just look in the epg guide the BBC1 channel (001) should state the region after the BBC1 name ie BBC1 West Midlands or something like that.

What should happen is when you do an inital channel scan, after it has searched all the channels it should give you a few options as to what region you want to use (if you get extra regions in the 800's), you just need to pick the best one (which might not be the first option- possibly BBC1 SW going by your description above).

Not sure if you would need to do a factory reset though to start again from fresh...

some extra info here

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/bbc_one_will_be_replaced_by_the_regional_bbc_one_name_o...

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/incorrect_region_setting_on_youview_box

0 Ratings
nickf99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi and thanks again,

I tried resetting the box, but still the same result. I then looked on the website digital.co.uk and saw that for my postcode it suggested that my transmitter should be "Hele" (whhich I believe is a relay from the main transmitter - Marldon). However, my aerial is directed at the Marldon main transmitter. Of course I've no idea how the BT software works but could this have something to do with it? I reset my postcode to an address nearby that has the Marldon transmitter, but this still didn't work. I still get no choice and the 800+ channels are nowhere to be seen. Or would I have to reset to factory settings again ?

0 Ratings