cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justracing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Freeview channels

I'm completely new to BT, we've just moved house and we have a youview box all hooked and working with wifi but I can't find freeview anywhere. Specifically I'm looking for the Freesports channel, can anyone help please? I confess I'm struggling to navigare my way round with this system as we have Virgin cable for 25 years.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Freeview channels

Welcome to this user forum.

Have you got a good signal from a TV aerial, plugged into the back of the YouView box, as that is how the FreeView channels are delivered?

See this guide http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53540/~/setting-up-bt-tv

0 Ratings
Highlighted
justracing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

The aerial signal is fine, I have the aerial plugged in the back of the youview box, if I swap the aerial and connect it directly in the tv I have as a good picture.

0 Ratings
justracing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I've reconnected the aerial into the box and retuned the channels, how do I find Freeview please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@justracing wrote:

I've reconnected the aerial into the box and retuned the channels, how do I find Freeview please?

The channels you see, like BBC1, ITV etc, are the FreeView channels.

0 Ratings
justracing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for that, everything works in that regard but I can't find the FreeSports channel, according to their website it should be channel 64 but this shows as no channel.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Some transmitters do not carry all the channels, especially if its a local repeater.

Look up your postcode on the FreeView website, to see what channels are available at your address.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Note also that COM8 is on a lower power from the transmitter so you may not pick that up if on the fringes of the reception area. COM8 is the MUX Freesports is on.
0 Ratings