cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Freeview over internet

Hi all,

Myself like many others was mis sold/informed with BT TV with the promise of the update of Freeview channels over Wi-Fi as the update was apparently live what's clearly not the case.

I am wondering as now Virgin has announced their Stream Box and the announcement of BT being rebranded EE for the consumer market if this will give them a push to rollout the update soon?

I did have a aerial install booked, but that was a disaster with a nearby bird box and the jackdaws attacking him nearly leading him to fall off his ladder, leaving me still unable  to watch live channels.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Freeview over internet

Who knows 🤔

You can still watch live via iplayer etc. but when it comes to ITV, All4 & My5 don't expect Full HD quality 🤨

You could cancel if mis-sold I guess!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Ill keep hold of it as i got the £6.00 deal for entertainment and Netflix, so its worth it for that even if i just use it on my Apple TV, would be nice to have a programme guide.

Message 4 of 10

You wouldn't want the update in its current state - recordings are very unreliable, with beginning/end of recordings being frequently clipped.  It's a major piece of work to fix - the announcements from Sky and Virgin don't change anything.

Message 5 of 10

I'm waiting on the new BT app for Apple that I hope will bring a lot more functionality and content.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

That’s what I’m hoping for so I can watch all the channels over the app on my Apple TV, I’m starting to think the update for the freeview over broadband may be put on hold whilst they move across to EE

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Nope. @DarrenDev just said they had a bug with recordings that has delayed the switch. Can't find any news on when this might go live, but safe to assume that the fix is not trivial and could take a couple of months or so...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Now that we are almost another month since the last post in this thread I wanted to check in and see if there are any updates on when this might be available?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

BT very rarely announces anything in advance - it'll be announced on the day it's launched.

I can guarantee it'll be a minimum of 30 days from now though.

Message 10 of 10

Cheers Darren.

0 Ratings