Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Blondie1962
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Freezing and breaking up of picture and sound on YouView and IPlayers

Any help greatly appreciated. When playing back recordings the picture often feezes! Have the same problem with iplayers too, but far greater as the picture breaks up and the sound also. Funnily enough the commercial ads during the programmes are fine!!! I have checked for systems updates and downloaded. All pulgs and sockets are ok and have switched everything of at the mains and back on a again. Still no joy. Gave up trying to watch a film on Netflix yesterday as it froze five times. Cannot watch catch-up on demand 5 as the pictures goes completely bonkers. Pixels all over the place and stuttering sound. Help please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Freezing and breaking up of picture and sound on YouView and IPlayers

Are the recordings breaking up on the freeview channels or extra channels? Are you connected staight to the hub or are you using powerline adapters? 

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Blondie1962
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Seems to be only on extra channels and 'on demand' and iplayers. I am using adapters.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

You may find this thread helpful:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/BT-YouView-error-IPC6023/m-p/1478951#M19141

Hope this helps:)

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Might be useful to try a speed test to rule that out as an issue:

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed

If the result is ok, try to connect the box to the hub with an ethernet cable and see if the problems persist.

0 Ratings
Blondie1962
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Many thanks for all your advice. I will certainly give everything you have said a try. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings