cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leebool
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Future IPTV & BT

I see that Sky will be offering the complete Sky Q experience through fibre sometime in 2018 without the need for an aerial or a dish.
My question is, has BT got anything similar in the pipeline at the moment? I.e. Full UK TV through fibre without an aerial?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Future IPTV & BT

The Sky-Q offering without the dish looks very tempting.   I have never been a fan of sky but the Q feels like a next-generation product compared to BT.   They also now have a multitude of 4K options which makes it clear how BT has lagged behind.

I'll certainly be having a serious look at Sky in '18.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Have a look at all the issues and bugs with sky Q hardly next gen
0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

maybe true, I will certainly do more groundwork on it, my impression of playing with its interface was very positive, but maybe it's just the bling-factor.    Also remember,  BT boxes are hardly bug-free !

my point really is that BTs offering will become dated very quickly unless they invest 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Had sky q for six months, other than rebooting the box once never had a problem, issue or bug with it. Only on Wednesday ofcom reported bt are the most complained about pay tv service, to every 100,000 subscribers bt get 13 complaints, sky get 1, i think we know where the bugs and issues are.
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Sky Q seems like the last attempts at wringing real cash out of an outdated TV model. I’m sure there are enough premium and older people to sustain the bundle model in the short-term but the days of paying £100 for a TV subscription are surely numbered. Today content is king, and the net will soon send cable/satellite the same way as print journalism.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Yep totally agree, Netflix and Amazon content is far superior to anything sky can offer. Only bit that sky has is the premier league, once it loses that then it's days a really numbered.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 8

I watch Netflix at lest 3 times a week. The last 3 Friday nights when I have been in has been Netflix night for me. 80% of what I watch on Netflix is TV box sets.

I do at times watch Pick for some shows like Blue Bloods. As only Sky has Sky Atlantic.

Im not a fan of Sky but they seem to have some of the top TV shows that get first run on Sky. Like Blue Bloods. Chicago Fire and Greys Anatomey.

I would hope that in time that you will be able to watch what you have recorded to the Youview + box via the BT TV app or the Youview app on your tablet.

**Edited**

Im still on the BT TV Entertanment Max package and have been since 2015.

Darren

0 Ratings