cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam2000
Expert
Message 31 of 86

Re: Future box update

Well I've no issues with my box. I make multiple recordings. Watch multiple recordings and on demand content too.
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

Oh I suspect they read it but they just haven't got any answers

Could we hope that as it's Mother's Day they'll post something about this mother of all fiascos?

No

Fiasco? You continue to post such exaggerated nonsense. Accept the fact that you are one of a tiny  proportion of BT’s YouView subscribers who post on this board complaining about a box that works perfectly well as a PVR. 

Niko1
Contributor
Message 33 of 86

It does work well to be fair . it's reliable and fast. But it's not the machine I originally bought (BT box bought retail). It was about £150 I think from Curries. The "old gen" Youview software was excellent. It was the reason I parted with my cash.

To have that taken away and replaced with inferior software without a choice was rather annoying. Can't blame people for having a grumble.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 34 of 86

"complaining about a box that works perfectly well as a PVR"

Does it do 'jump to time'?  No but it did before that March 2017 update.  Does it do live pause properly?  No and same.  Does it do BBC Text on Live TV?  No but it did before the Sept 2016 idiocy

Strangely other freeview PVRs do these fine so YouView's not even a 2nd division PVR now is it?  

Now ask do we get any of the prmises of "improvements soon" met?  That'd be a "no" too

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

So far their plan has been to slowly issue updates with issues. 

Oh, a voice of authority! Can you please list all the updates that have had issues (well, all of them accorinding to you) and then post them on the Fantasy Forum? 

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 36 of 86

Well as you ask

26.40 removes text for live TV - all other builds since retain this issue unique to YouView

27.44 adds tiles but loses 'jump to time'  and other functions such as hide channels.  Controversially dumps lists.

27.47 retains above issues

27.50 ditto

28.26 ditto

29.27 allows editing channels in guide but still no  'jump to time'  and true hide channels

29.36 still fails to fix 'jump to time'  and true hide channels

29.45 ditto

Somewhere along the line a bug came in that means 2017 build T2100s have live pause issues too

BT must be so proud of how their partner Youview works seamlessly with them to damage their brand reputation

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

BT must be so proud of how their partner Youview works seamlessly with them to damage their brand reputation 

I beleive its a this point (on a BT forum) you start to tell everyone how wonderful a sky q is...

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 38 of 86

@Keyinferno:  "I beleive its a this point (on a BT forum) you start to tell everyone how wonderful a sky q is.."

That'd be interesting as I'm on record several times as saying it is badly flawed

0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 39 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinferno:  "I beleive its a this point (on a BT forum) you start to tell everyone how wonderful a sky q is.."

That'd be interesting as I'm on record several times as saying it is badly flawed

I used to have BT TV (UHD) but now have Sky Q. Have been lurking around here hoping to see something similar from BT but nothing yet. However, I totally disagree. Sky Q is not badly flawed. Apols for off topic post.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 86

@wwwebberwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

I used to have BT TV (UHD) but now have Sky Q. Have been lurking around here hoping to see something similar from BT but nothing yet. However, I totally disagree. Sky Q is not badly flawed. Apols for off topic post.

Voices that scream either platform are either poor or badly flawed are just exaggerated nonsense.

Freeview Play has its critisims and rightly so. But the above two?  No. YouView from BT is a solid platform. 

0 Ratings