Re: Future box update

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 42 of 86

@Keyinfernowrote:

T1000 models have just been updated.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-software-update-29-104-0/td-p/1841072

Good in a way but only back to a subset of what they used to be capable of in 2016.   However if the recent 29.58 hasn't fixed the live pause issue on my DTRT 2100, this may make me break out my DTRT1000 again

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 43 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-software-update-29-104-0/td-p/1841072

Good in a way but only back to a subset of what they used to be capable of in 2016.   However if the recent 29.58 hasn't fixed the live pause issue on my DTRT 2100, this may make me break out my DTRT1000 again

And yet they still haven't restored the most requested feature i.e. return of the 'jump to time point'.  I'm just about done with BT Youview - I will let the contract run it's course then as they say on Dragons Den - I'm oot!  

This new UI was supposed to be the way forward, a bright future where features/updates could happen in 'days'.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 44 of 86

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

And yet they still haven't restored the most requested feature i.e. return of the 'jump to time point'.  I'm just about done with BT Youview - I will let the contract run it's course then as they say on Dragons Den - I'm oot!  

This new UI was supposed to be the way forward, a bright future where features/updates could happen in 'days'.

For me it's a race.  Will YV restore jump to time before Humax release a PVR that isn't clunkily slow in it's interface.  Meantime my two Sky boxes are working overtime

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 45 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

For me it's a race.  Will YV restore jump to time before Humax release a PVR that isn't clunkily slow in it's interface.  Meantime my two Sky boxes are working overtime

The Humax Freesat box is very quick and so to is their latest Freeview Play box the 5000T.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 46 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:
@Jim-ladwrote:
@Stevek1311wrote:
@Keyinfernowrote:

The Humax Freesat box is very quick and so to is their latest Freeview Play box the 5000T.

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

Not according to credible reviews of the Humax 5000T that report 2 second delays between button presses and on screen results

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 86

So T1000s finaly get updated, with a lot, and all you want to do is slag it off? Theres just no pleasing some people.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 86

And you are surprised. You should know better by now Smiley Wink
By the way how’s the jump to time function on the Sky q because when I had it they had copied off YouView with just a ff and skip function.
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 86

Heres Steveks version of youview -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTJ8iZr7ro

Not.

Message 50 of 86

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder to keep it friendly  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your day

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings