Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 51 of 86

Re: Future box update

@scointerwrote:
And you are surprised. You should know better by now Smiley Wink
By the way how’s the jump to time function on the Sky q because when I had it they had copied off YouView with just a ff and skip function.

No idea seeing as how I don't have Sky-Q.  But it works a treat on Sky-HD like most Sky users have and it worked a treat on my YV box in 2016

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 52 of 86

My DTRT 2100 keeps lying to me that I have the latest version of software.  It has 28.53 and the latest for such is actually 29.58 https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-29-58-0 

Anyone got it and noticed which bugs 29.58 has actually fixed?

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 53 of 86

BtSooM !

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 86

@Stevek1311 wrote:

My DTRT 2100 keeps lying to me that I have the latest version of software.  It has 28.53 and the latest for such is actually 29.58 https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-29-58-0 

Your box lies to you? Have you reported it? 

Bearing in mind the subject you bring up is nothing to do with the topic of this T1000 thread. Sorry for saying.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 86

We all knew an update was coming for the T1000 range, but I have to say I'm impressed by how much they've packed into it -

29.104.0  DTR-T1000

Hide and un-hide individual channels in your guide  

Hide channels from particular categories

Continue to next recording

Playback bar timeout is quicker

Improved information bar in MyTV

Improved Action Panel

Smart Landing on series recordings

Improvements to MyTV programme navigation

Improvements to the information on the delete confirmation screen 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 56 of 86

Except those that actually read the thread know it is not just about DTRT-1000s   It is about all box updates

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 57 of 86

@Keyinfernowrote:

So T1000s finaly get updated, with a lot, and all you want to do is slag it off? Theres just no pleasing some people.

I'm not convinced of the wisdom of supporting old hardware.  It would probably be more cost effecient to issue new boxes to those who own the older hardware and have done with it.

Ultimately old hardware will hold the platform back whilst their competitors race towards the future.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 86

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

So T1000s finaly get updated, with a lot, and all you want to do is slag it off? Theres just no pleasing some people.

I'm not convinced of the wisdom of supporting old hardware.  It would probably be more cost effecient to issue new boxes to those who own the older hardware and have done with it.

Ultimately old hardware will hold the platform back whilst their competitors race towards the future.

What you say is logical and makes sense. Usually. But not in this case.

If say this platform was sky, then yes. They have been trying for years to get their sd boxes and transmissions shut down (yes, really, i said sd) but have been unable to.

However on page 1 post 1 its been made plain that the platform will continue to move forward but T1000's may get left behind, so while respecting your opinion I take the opposit view and believe youview and bt are to be applauded for maintaining older hardware. But that won't hold the platform back.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 59 of 86

But they haven't maintained the older hardware (aka DTRT 1000s) have they.  They have less capability then they did in 2016

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 86

@Stevek1311wrote:

But they haven't maintained the older hardware (aka DTRT 1000s) have they.  They have less capability then they did in 2016

Not for 99.9% of users of the box it’s not. And the GUI is better IMHO.

0 Ratings